Middlewich dilema

Featured Posts

GBClive,

Willow is old and shabby but she is presented clean and tidy where it matters (sheets, curtains, toilet etc). She certainly has a lot of character and is lovely to steer. An old aircooled lister engine that looks like it will break down anytime but in reality, for us, never missed a beat, strange electrics but again, never let us down. We used the little solid fuel range at the rear BC virtually continously as it was a little cold when we were about.

I really enjoyed our outing and the Middlewich crew are a friendly bunch. They have a really nice looking SM Hudson tug for hire which I am very tempted to go back and hire out from them. All told - recommended.

NB on your way back to hire base, you cannot wind Willow in the first lock below the hire base, even though it looks like you can - Willow is about 1" too long. :)

One thing, I was impressed by the Cheshire countryside and will have to come back for a longer time cruising. One day we saw virtually no-one else going our way - that was perhaps because we were travelling back towards the breach and a dead end.

Thanks Mark, that sounds encouraging.

Only reason we did not go with the Tug was my wife’s insistence for easy access to the foredeck.

I’ll feedback how we get on in May.

Thanks Mark, that sounds encouraging.

Only reason we did not go with the Tug was my wife’s insistence for easy access to the foredeck.

I’ll feedback how we get on in May.

NB I note we are not too far from each other. :)

(I live in Carshalton Beeches).