toilet pump continues to run

Featured Posts

Our boat has a dump through toilet (possibly a mansfield traveller circa 1985). Recently the water pump continues to run after a flush. Has anyone encountered this before and is there a way to stop it?

At the moment we are switching the boat water system off in between visits, which works but is inconvenient!

Any reply will be appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by aristorias

I assume you mean that water continues to flow into the bowl?

Is the flap closing properly after use? If it is sticking slightly open, that can cause the water to run.

At rest, is there a noticeable gap between the dome-shaped valve-top and the length of bent metal on the foot-lever that presses it down? I believe it may be adjustable.

Our boat has a dump through toilet (possibly a mansfield traveller circa 1985). Recently the water pump continues to run after a flush. Has anyone encountered this before and is there a way to stop it?

At the moment we are switching the boat water system off in between visits, which works but is inconvenient!

Any reply will be appreciated.

Thank you

There is a little valve actuated by the foot pedal flushing mechanism, sometimes covered by a plastic plate and sometimes not. They fail but are easy to replace. I believe it will be that and once replaced I suggest you fit a simple in line on/off tap to isolate the system in case of future problems.

An easy and cheap fix.

Tim

There is a little valve actuated by the foot pedal flushing mechanism, sometimes covered by a plastic plate and sometimes not. They fail but are easy to replace. I believe it will be that and once replaced I suggest you fit a simple in line on/off tap to isolate the system in case of future problems.

An easy and cheap fix.

Tim

I have replaced a couple of these and picked up a tip from a boat we went had a holiday on in France and that was to put a timed valve in the line feeding the flushing valve. To flush the loo press the time valve and then flush as normal, a minute or so later the water is isolated again.

I have replaced a couple of these and picked up a tip from a boat we went had a holiday on in France and that was to put a timed valve in the line feeding the flushing valve. To flush the loo press the time valve and then flush as normal, a minute or so later the water is isolated again.

Thats a bit posh for a Yorkie like me :lol: Sounds like a good idea but in reality doesnt that mean there are then 2 weak spots in the system rather than 1 ? :cheers: