Pump out etiquette

Rebotco

Featured Posts

Blue as it is sold now has a very strong decomposition effect. When the cassette is emptied only liquid comes out, regardless of what went in. I might be wrong, but that would suggest that it is not primarily a formaldehyde based process - formaldehyde is used to preserve cadavers intact.

In a macerator system you should never need to use any form of additive to prevent smells as it is sealed from the tank.

For the older dump throughs, I can see the need to use something to reduce the whiff. We trialled 'one-chem' in our sole-casette boat last year and it worked a treat but I gather they have gone out of business.

In a macerator system you should never need to use any form of additive to prevent smells as it is sealed from the tank.

For the older dump throughs, I can see the need to use something to reduce the whiff. We trialled 'one-chem' in our sole-casette boat last year and it worked a treat but I gather they have gone out of business.

In an ideal world...but if you leave the tank...it ferments and blows gas out of the vent which find their way back into the boat.Even the charcoal filter wont cope after a while.

I use blue...and I daily put Harpic down the loo to keep it clean and shiney...have done for several years now.It contains acid that removes the scale. I never have any problems with the non-return valve blocking or macerator...it runs sweet...

Has anyone ever gone from a Dump through to a cassette? I'm thinking pump out, good dose of blue and plenty of water to rinse and then pump out again. The new cassette toilet will be placed in alternative position and then old hole covered with new flooring. Can anyone see any issues with this?