Rubbish !!

Jamboat

Featured Posts

We have just arrived in Wigan after coming up the Bridgewater & Leigh Branch from Manchester. The last bins we saw were in Stretford Marina where we stayed last weekend so have accumulated a couple of bin liners of rubbish - The only bins here are at the top of the Wigan flight but we are headed west ( Ribble Link in April!!) The lady in the BW office has given me an up to date list &it seems that there are no bins on the Leeds Liverpool west of Wigan! mad.gif

Surely that can't be right ? It does say in the san station that there are bins at Burscough but the list says not wacko.gif

rant not quite over, shall go for a walk to Asda to calm down.....glare.gif

We have often found that if we are in an area with no refuse facilities that a quiet word with a landlord/landlady and the rpomise of buying a few beers has seen us get rid of our rubbish in their bins. If you explain the situation most people are only too happy to let you get rid of some in their bins. :cheers:

There used to be a skip next to bridge 35, failing that there is one at sparks bridge services on the Rufford branch.

Still there.

the rubbish bin at burscough is behind the door next to the elson,or at least it was last year.john

Still there, and while you are there the Bakery at the Wharf does great fresh bread

Thanks for the replies, Nicholsons does have the skip at br 35 marked but it's not on the list given to me yesterday by BW neither are the bins at Burscough so not too bad after all.

Shame BW can't keep their lists up to date & correct rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the replies, Nicholsons does have the skip at br 35 marked but it's not on the list given to me yesterday by BW neither are the bins at Burscough so not too bad after all.

Shame BW can't keep their lists up to date & correct rolleyes.gif

or else try not to generate so much rubbish!!!!!

Also remember to fill your diesel tank before you go across Ribble, diesel on Lancaster like rocking horse stuff. St Mary's at Rufford was 0.91ppl last week

Edited by cotswoldsman

2 bin liners full in less than 1 week!!!!!!!!

2 adults + 2 cats ( used cat litter ) we do try not to have too much but lack of recycling points don't help

thanks for heads up re diesel wink.gif

Does your stove eat rubbish for you? When I was young the rubbish bin only ever held things that could not be burned. something to do with having a fire with a back boiler to do hot water! OK some things don't burn but the waste should be restricted to that which does not burn.

Does your stove eat rubbish for you? When I was young the rubbish bin only ever held things that could not be burned. something to do with having a fire with a back boiler to do hot water! OK some things don't burn but the waste should be restricted to that which does not burn.

And surely used cat litter could be buried in the nearest bit of hedgerow or ditch!