Diesel Price

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

£1.05 a litre! This sounds a bit expensive as the location is inland and no where near a waterway so must be for farm/site vehicles.

Don't know how much movement there have been in a very short period, but both Norbury Wharf and Turners were around the 83pence mark quite recently.

Sounds very expensive, given it is at the lowest rate of duty.

Wife popped in this morning to see what the price is. £1.05 a litre! This sounds a bit expensive as the location is inland and no where near a waterway so must be for farm/site vehicles.

Am I right or wrong with my assumption that it is expensive? I had thought I had found a bit of a bargain.

We came past Willowbridge on the GU yesterday, and they were charging £1.03 basic, which I thought was expensive. Other places a little further north are nearer the 90p mark.

The last lot we bought was last Friday at 78ppl so it may well have gone up a touch since then. We will no doubt find out tonight as we are going to get some more to fill the tank to the top. :cheers:

our local Morrison outlet has reduced the price of road diesel to 137.9 everyone else is still 140+

Maybe we need to get a Sawley Moorers Action Group together to persude them to drop it. Moorers discount?

Or just simply stop using them, they'll soon get the idea!

Or just simply stop using them, they'll soon get the idea!

As it is BWML I do not suppose they would give a toss if they did not sell any. Half the time I get the impression that BWML think they are doing you a favour rather than trying to attract new customers.

Trinity Marina , Hinckley was 92pp litre the other day,declare what you like. I did 90/10 as I can't see myself moving very far in the next few weeks. ;)

Did you???

As HMRC guide is/was 60/40, propulsion/domestic.

I hope this is a typo and you meant 10/90.;)

:cheers:

Ps. I have seen other people put it the same way.

When filling I always make sure the vendor knows what I am declaring by saying 20% propulsion and let them work out the rest.

Did you???

When filling I always make sure the vendor knows what I am declaring by saying 20% propulsion and let them work out the rest.

....but do they know any better ?wacko.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Nick

Did you???

Same here

Same here

Can someone remind me what the duty is for propulsion please ?

i.e. If I wanted 100 litres, and its advertised as 80p per litre and it was for e.g. a propulsion only boat with no heaters so had to declare "100% propulsion", what amount would be added per litre, as duty, and also as VAT if that applies to the whole ?

Thank you

Nick

Edited by Nickhlx

Can someone remind me what the duty is for propulsion please ?

i.e. If I wanted 100 litres, and its advertised as 80p per litre and it was for e.g. a propulsion only boat with no heaters so had to declare "100% propulsion", what amount would be added per litre, as duty, and also as VAT if that applies to the whole ?

Thank you

Nick

From 23/3/11 the rates before 5% VAT were ......

Full duty 57.95p

Rebated Rate 11.14p

Difference 46.81p

With 5% VAT they become

Full duty 60.85p

Rebated Rate 11.70p

Difference 49.15p

So, (in round numbers), you should be paying 49 pence per lite more for propulsion diesel than non-propulsion diesel

It looks to me from the HMRC site that these duty rates are scheduled to increase on 1st August 2012, at which point the difference will become more like 52 pence per litre.

Full duty 60.97p

Rebated Rate 11.72p

Difference 49.25p

With 5% VAT they become

Full duty 64.02p

Rebated Rate 12.31p

Difference 51.71p

You don't have to declare 100% propulsion for a "boat with no heaters", of course, as you are allowed to use the lower rate for electricity generation.