Anyone know this outfit?

larkshall

Featured Posts

No personal experience with them but I saw their website a couple of years ago - so at least they haven't just arrived on the scene

Me neither but I knew a young couple who were ccing in London on this boat of theirs.

My link

It wasn't cheap and the boat was old and knackered at the time, but I think at least ETRR are legit as far as having correct license and insurance. They may be the only ones.

They're never going to be cheap as commercial insurance isn't cheap.

Actually scrub that, they aren't commercially hiring. It says -

Escape the Rat Race is a management company that allows owners to share their ownership with others - who are able to occupy the boats for a period of time. While on the boats the occupant becomes a minority owner. Escape the Rat Race manages the boat on behalf of both owners ensuring that the boat is safe, properly licensed and fully insured, and that all is correct as far as British Waterways is concerned.

Edited by Lady Muck

Ive seen a young couple on NB Hannah for a few years,a few times with a mechanic fixing things,there batteries were dead etc etc,considering the amount they paid each month,laughable ,the boat was beyond the end of its life

I also know of a chap who tried to move two boats for escape the rat race and call in at marinas enroute until they were sold.I did some locks for him as he was single handed moving breasted up boats

The next time I saw the boats was on the towpath path outside whilton.

before cowroast changed hands,the chap in the marina told me he was asked to look at them,after a quick look from a distance he said no chance,

then last year i saw one of the boats with a couple on one of the pair,another mechanic fixing something in the arse end of no where.

Ive already have someone to stay on my boat rent free next winter when i go away for a month,and there are people who just want someone to boat sit for periods of times.

I've vageuly heard of the company but I defnitely know one of the boats! Anna Devon used to cruise around London frequently stopping for long(er than the 14 days) periods near Greenford and Harlesden. I don't think it was a Rat Race boat at that time but may have been bought by them later?