Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Mike the Boilerman

Ebay vintage engine sales

Featured Posts

Very handy if you happen to have a Bolinder that is missing its sprayer.....I should not think many come on the open market.

There was quite a demand for Petter S type sprayer nozzles a couple of years back and the batch that was made went quickly.

N

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Very handy if you happen to have a Bolinder that is missing its sprayer.....I should not think many come on the open market.

There was quite a demand for Petter S type sprayer nozzles a couple of years back and the batch that was made went quickly.

N

 

 

Who knows now that Mr Burge has decided to thin the Josher fleet out.

Maybe one or two of the bramble covered lumps in his garden will be up for grabs next. But I doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

Who knows now that Mr Burge has decided to thin the Josher fleet out.

Maybe one or two of the bramble covered lumps in his garden will be up for grabs next. But I doubt it. 

I think there is only one unrestored boat there, isn't there?  (Unless things have changed since we were last there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I think there is only one unrestored boat there, isn't there?  (Unless things have changed since we were last there).

It was the Bolinder shaped lumps in the undergrowth I meant, not boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

It was the Bolinder shaped lumps in the undergrowth I meant, not boats.

I see!

 

I've probably not noticed them because perhaps they were lurking behind the Green Goddess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a very old unit and gearbox but worth a punt I would think. Dipstick and tube is missing and the marinisation gear is very odd, never seen anything like it.

Man who needs help should buy it, its not far away from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its an old Kingfisher Captain engine I think, it will have the early 2 bolt starter motor. Thin wall block

It looks like a raw water cooling manifold with a tube stack in it so the corrosion in the engine should be not bad.

Can't work out what the big solenoid is for unless its a remote fuel shut off - engine stop.

Gearbox has an oil filter I think. Serviced one of these a long while ago, the oil was filthy, never had a new filter fitted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Its an old Kingfisher Captain engine I think, it will have the early 2 bolt starter motor. Thin wall block

It looks like a raw water cooling manifold with a tube stack in it so the corrosion in the engine should be not bad.

Can't work out what the big solenoid is for unless its a remote fuel shut off - engine stop.

Gearbox has an oil filter I think. Serviced one of these a long while ago, the oil was filthy, never had a new filter fitted!

The gearbox is a PRM140, I think. ASAP make a kit to bypass the filter

 

It's got 'Captain' cast into the exhaust manifold, so unless it's a bitsa (and many are by now) you have it right

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, definitely a Newage 140 2 to 1 gearbox, I think this predates PRM. I understand from the workshop manual that it was a bypass filter anyway, it would not stand full hydraulic pressure I think. Its an odd one if I remember with 2 unions on top.

One of my  old bosses had a service contract for Tempest Marine just before they disappeared back in the mid '70s and this I am sure is a Tempest Captain not Kingfisher  so this is an old unit for sure.

There is some tie up between Tempest and Newage as some were supplied as Newage engines I think, its been a long time!

Kingfisher are a current overhauler of BMC 1.5D engines.

Edited by Boater Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2019 at 02:29, Boater Sam said:

Its a very old unit and gearbox but worth a punt I would think. Dipstick and tube is missing and the marinisation gear is very odd, never seen anything like it.

Man who needs help should buy it, its not far away from him.

its prob him selling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, springy said:

 

 

What a charming-looking engine. I like the colour scheme especially! And the dynamo. 

 

Looks to me as though the cylinders are separate and individually bolted onto the crank case like a Kelvin....

 

 

s-l1600.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

Looks to me as though the cylinders are separate and individually bolted onto the crank case like a Kelvin....

Like a Kelvin, Lister, Petter, Volvo Penta....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What a charming-looking engine.

 I guess I'm kind of interested what makes that "charming" in your view, but an "S" or "H" series Lister to apparently be the comlete opposite.

 

I can see a lot of similarities!

(You can paint a Lister red - it's been done!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

 I guess I'm kind of interested what makes that "charming" in your view, but an "S" or "H" series Lister to apparently be the comlete opposite.

 

 

Water cooled, cylinders separate from the crank case, all the injection stuff where you need it, on the outside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

Water cooled, cylinders separate from the crank case, all the injection stuff where you need it, on the outside!

Well that H series Lister you picked up for a song surely met the first two of what you list above, so is it just about "injection stuff" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lister JP3m, ours, so remove if too much of an add. Its rare to see a complete & running genuine marine JP3 with a history of commercial use, it would be great if it could go to a good home. :) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.