Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, Athy said:

Some were imported and marinised by Tony Redshaw about six or seven years ago. I suppose that tighter emissions regulations mean that he can't sell them any more.

Tony was importing the Greaves (big Indian cotton processing machinery company)  version of one of the Rustons. 2YDW possibly?  Greaves actually had a licence to build them.  They too could be a bit of a kit,  till Tony had sorted them.

(The cost and impracticability of) Noise tests and emissions tests formally did for them, though I don't believe there was much demand for them in any event.

N

6 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Tony was importing the Greaves (big Indian cotton processing machinery company)  version of one of the Rustons. 2YDW possibly?  Greaves actually had a licence to build them.  They too could be a bit of a kit,  till Tony had sorted them.

I remember those but didn't know that Redshaw's were involved. From memory, a chap called something like Phil Jupitus marketed them over here - but that was long before the CS's came over.

9 minutes ago, BEngo said:

(The cost and impracticability of) Noise tests and emissions tests formally did for them, though I don't believe there was much demand for them in any event.

N

I thought it was Phil Lizius of Longboat engineering that supplies the Greaves Ruston clones, but production of these ended. 

Some time later Redshaws introduced their CS2 clone. Still advertised on their website. Sounds a bargain at £8.5k including PRM 260 gearbox.

http://www.vintagediesels.co.uk/lister-cs2/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, frangar said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/National-Stationary-Engine/133456882533?hash=item1f12a66b65:g:CRsAAOSwiW1fAJq9

Nice National Twin....would need a gearbox etc but if its the right price.......

This is not a normal narrowboat engine, internals are smaller the heads won't fit the 2dm.

There is a roller on ebay to with the same engine in at 3k

Just now, billybobbooth said:

This is not a normal narrowboat engine, internals are smaller the heads won't fit the 2dm.

There is a roller on ebay to with the same engine in at 3k

Bet it would still sound nicer than a jap digger engine!!

• 3 weeks later...

This chap on eBay has some interesting Gardner LW & other bits available which might be useful to some on here...and some brass clocks & gauges

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/iaburnel_0/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

No connection apart from I brought some CAV fuel pump parts from him.

Edited to add....theres also some Dorman DSM parts too

Edited by frangar