Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

Yavari, like it says on the first vid in David's posting.  It also has a Petter S as a generator (?) engine

N

Thanks sorry phone wouldnt show vids just had an x with blank screen

14 minutes ago, frangar said:

What ad?? Confused.....

The 05/28/2015 date stamp on the picture of the 5VT.

I think it's more likely that someone can't work their own camera so just leaves a random date on every picture ...

Edited by TheBiscuits
spellink

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

The 05/28/2015 date stamp on the picture of the 5VT.

I think it's more likely that someone can't work their own camera so just leaves a random date on every picture ...

Oh yes I noticed that...you have to remember the age of the average reader of Stationary Engine Magazine isn’t that young......

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

Oh yes I noticed that...you have to remember the age of the average reader of Stationary Engine Magazine isn’t that young......

And if you think we have anoraks on here, SEM readers surpass them by a country mile.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, springy said:

That won't have been an original fitted to 10RB,it isn't big enough at around 18HP. The 10RB  had variously, 3VRO,3VRH ,3YC and 3YDA(air cooled) all around  30-35HP.Also some petrol engine ,usually export variants or electric motor.

2VSO is very suitable for a narrowboat though.?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Neil Smith said:

They still make a clone of this in India, still used to power water pumps, generators, saw benches and numerous farm and industrial equipment.

virtually indestructible and will run on very low quality fuel.

Known as "Listeroids", aren't they? When I read up about them a few years ago, they seemed to be prized by rural Americans who imported them for use in the sort of jobs which you mention.

Edited by Athy

Should you import a Listeroid  remember that you are probably  getting a kit of parts.  It will need dismantling and  a good clean out at the very least, some serious fettling at the worst, if you want it to be reliable and long lived.

N

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Known as "Listeroids", aren't they? When I read up about them a few years ago, they seemed to be prized by rural Americans ho imported them for use in the sort of jobs which you mention.

I think they originally copied the CS 1 and CS 2, after making spare parts for the engines they originally bought from the uk, then went on to make there own, they are made in various factories with some better than others.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Neil Smith said:

I think they originally copied the CS 1 and CS 2, after making spare parts for the engines they originally bought from the uk, then went on to make there own, they are made in various factories with some better than others.

Some were imported and marinised by Tony Redshaw about six or seven years ago. I suppose that tighter emissions regulations mean that he can't sell them any more.