Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

Very handy if you happen to have a Bolinder that is missing its sprayer.....I should not think many come on the open market.

There was quite a demand for Petter S type sprayer nozzles a couple of years back and the batch that was made went quickly.

N

49 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Very handy if you happen to have a Bolinder that is missing its sprayer.....I should not think many come on the open market.

There was quite a demand for Petter S type sprayer nozzles a couple of years back and the batch that was made went quickly.

N

Who knows now that Mr Burge has decided to thin the Josher fleet out.

Maybe one or two of the bramble covered lumps in his garden will be up for grabs next. But I doubt it. 

9 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

Who knows now that Mr Burge has decided to thin the Josher fleet out.

Maybe one or two of the bramble covered lumps in his garden will be up for grabs next. But I doubt it. 

I think there is only one unrestored boat there, isn't there?  (Unless things have changed since we were last there).

9 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

It was the Bolinder shaped lumps in the undergrowth I meant, not boats.

I see!

I've probably not noticed them because perhaps they were lurking behind the Green Goddess!

Its an old Kingfisher Captain engine I think, it will have the early 2 bolt starter motor. Thin wall block

It looks like a raw water cooling manifold with a tube stack in it so the corrosion in the engine should be not bad.

Can't work out what the big solenoid is for unless its a remote fuel shut off - engine stop.

Gearbox has an oil filter I think. Serviced one of these a long while ago, the oil was filthy, never had a new filter fitted!

5 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Its an old Kingfisher Captain engine I think, it will have the early 2 bolt starter motor. Thin wall block

It looks like a raw water cooling manifold with a tube stack in it so the corrosion in the engine should be not bad.

Can't work out what the big solenoid is for unless its a remote fuel shut off - engine stop.

Gearbox has an oil filter I think. Serviced one of these a long while ago, the oil was filthy, never had a new filter fitted!

The gearbox is a PRM140, I think. ASAP make a kit to bypass the filter

It's got 'Captain' cast into the exhaust manifold, so unless it's a bitsa (and many are by now) you have it right

Richard

Yes, definitely a Newage 140 2 to 1 gearbox, I think this predates PRM. I understand from the workshop manual that it was a bypass filter anyway, it would not stand full hydraulic pressure I think. Its an odd one if I remember with 2 unions on top.

One of my  old bosses had a service contract for Tempest Marine just before they disappeared back in the mid '70s and this I am sure is a Tempest Captain not Kingfisher  so this is an old unit for sure.

There is some tie up between Tempest and Newage as some were supplied as Newage engines I think, its been a long time!

Kingfisher are a current overhauler of BMC 1.5D engines.

Edited by Boater Sam

On 26/03/2019 at 02:29, Boater Sam said:

Its a very old unit and gearbox but worth a punt I would think. Dipstick and tube is missing and the marinisation gear is very odd, never seen anything like it.

Man who needs help should buy it, its not far away from him.

its prob him selling

49 minutes ago, springy said:

What a charming-looking engine. I like the colour scheme especially! And the dynamo. 

Looks to me as though the cylinders are separate and individually bolted onto the crank case like a Kelvin....

s-l1600.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Looks to me as though the cylinders are separate and individually bolted onto the crank case like a Kelvin....

Like a Kelvin, Lister, Petter, Volvo Penta....

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What a charming-looking engine.

I guess I'm kind of interested what makes that "charming" in your view, but an "S" or "H" series Lister to apparently be the comlete opposite.

I can see a lot of similarities!

(You can paint a Lister red - it's been done!)

11 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I guess I'm kind of interested what makes that "charming" in your view, but an "S" or "H" series Lister to apparently be the comlete opposite.

Water cooled, cylinders separate from the crank case, all the injection stuff where you need it, on the outside!

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Water cooled, cylinders separate from the crank case, all the injection stuff where you need it, on the outside!

Well that H series Lister you picked up for a song surely met the first two of what you list above, so is it just about "injection stuff" ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...