Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

Oh I see. But modern engines are. The 150hp diesel in my van is a quarter the size of the 25hp Glenniffer from Reg.

This one probably gets it's 660hp by virtue of revving to 12,000 rpm or something insane.

MtB

Only 3000.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Clean looking Gardner 2LW with gearbox.

$_57.JPG

and a relatively rare I would have thought Fowler 2DM - 3.75" bore x 4.5" stroke. The marine 2DYM was usually fitted with a Parsons 2:1 gearbox with bellhousing that enclosed the substantial deep flywheel.

$_57.JPG

Apparently this Leeds based company brought in Arthur Freeman-Sanders, designer of the first Lister diesels, to breath some life into their engine sales. Although he eventually fell out with management, his legacy was this engine, early versions of which carried his name.

No surprise then that this similar Lister FR2 has same bore and stroke

$_57.JPG

Edited by by'eck

It might be worth half maybe, the 4 cylinder hasn't sold yet

Regards kris

A 4 cylinder one of those is too big for the average narrowboat. My 2DSM came out of a 70 foot sea cadets boat, when their insurance company insisted they change it for a modern engine..

Casp'

A 4 cylinder one of those is too big for the average narrowboat. My 2DSM came out of a 70 foot sea cadets boat, when their insurance company insisted they change it for a modern engine..

Casp'

It's only 20 bhp, though!

I know they seem to have been rated very low for Navy use.

Tim

It's only 20 bhp, though!

I know they seem to have been rated very low for Navy use.

Tim

Yeah my 2DSM is 10 hp at 1000 rpm, and it's massive, very heavy, with a 1 to 1 gearbox.

But I saw a 2dsm ( which I agree is better for a narrowboat) go for £1800.

Regards kris

£1800 is a lot more than I paid for mine..

Casp'

Yea it was in good condition with the original dash board etc. good engine for a narrowboat I'd have thought.

Regards kris

I want to do a few bits on mine, it still has the dinamo, so I need to fit a pulley off the hand start shaft for an alternator, but that's easy enough. Mine has a dash, but it's the smaller version, which looks better, with the starter button built into the hand start surround.

Casp'