Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

• 3 weeks later...

Possibly too lower power for a nb at 12hp but interesting engine and a good one for Mike to add to his collection rolleyes.gif

$(KGrHqYOKosFGV(+kDIWBRoHORzO2g~~60_1.JP

And a seemingly unique genuine Lister marine twin with 360° crank to give even beat complete with gearbox - sadly petrol though.

$T2eC16J,!)sE9swm(wBWBRpkHS3ij!~~60_58.J

Then there's a National D3 at 25hp about right for a nb

$T2eC16J,!zcE9s4g0vSTBRf+yJLtqw~~60_58.J

All for auction on eBay and ending soon - probably obtainable for substantially less than the 2LW at £8500!

Edited by by'eck

• 1 month later...

There's a DC4 Glennifer (80hp) marine engine with gearbox, currently for sale on Apolloduck ie. Evidently in Wexford, which is easy access from UK. No price, but the Irish view of these older engines is invariably different to ours, and my guess is it won't be very expensive.

I'm over there soon, so if anyone's interested, I'm happy to take a look for them, if it's not too awkward for me.

Ahh, it's a JK, is it. I notice it has the high/low valves that a JP does

It would make a nice garden ornament

Richard

No, it's fixed compression. Look closer & you'll see square headed plugs in place of the changeover valves. Same head as the JP6 (66/6) but with plugs instead of valves.

Tim

Well Steve Hudson has just put a JP4 in a tug so I guess its just a matter of time....icecream.gif

What a monumental arse.

Who started this one upmanship on engines ? narrowboat engines in the past were always small, and just right for the job, until some enginepestophiles started this crap.

If you fit a £10k engine above 40 hp in a narrowboat your not clever, your a dick.

What a monumental arse.

Who started this one upmanship on engines ? narrowboat engines in the past were always small, and just right for the job, until some enginepestophiles started this crap.

If you fit a £10k engine above 40 hp in a narrowboat your not clever, your a dick.

How about a engine that costs say, £20k, and is 21hp?

MtB

What a monumental arse.

Ernest Thomas with Enterprise No. 1.

ENTERPRISE No! has a Gardner 5L2, I think?

MtB

Which allowed it to pull 10 laden boats totaling 400 tons under test!

I believe ex tunnel tug Sharpness (most interesting boat at Braunston this year IMHO) with its 4L2 pulled a similar weight though.

Which allowed it to pull 10 laden boats totaling 400 tons under test!

I believe ex tunnel tug Sharpness (most interesting boat at Braunston this year IMHO) with its 4L2 pulled a similar weight though.

Sharpness has a 4L2 currently, but it's by no means original, it's a fairly recent installation.

I think it's had a BMC (maybe a 3.8?) at some point, but I've no idea what was fitted during its working life.

Tim

Sharpness has a 4L2 currently, but it's by no means original, it's a fairly recent installation.

I think it's had a BMC (maybe a 3.8?) at some point, but I've no idea what was fitted during its working life.

Tim

Yes the 4L2 was not original but has been in some time. It originally had a paraffin engine although what was installed in between I don't know.

Yes the 4L2 was not original but has been in some time. It originally had a paraffin engine although what was installed in between I don't know.

It certainly wasn't installed in it's working days, fairly sure it was put in by Colin Paillin, who was the last owner (edit - last owner but one, as Mike Woodhouse, who seems to buy & sell boats quite regularly, bought and sold it after Colin) unless it's changed hands again very recently. It has hydraulic drive.

Tim

Edited by Timleech

Really? Unusual though it is, it surely one of the most "messed about with" ones present?