anyone moored at Billing ?

bodger

Featured Posts

Hi all

Wife and I had sorted a Marina(bit previous, as no boat yet!) but the "kids" went ballisic when we told them A), we were going to live on a boat, and B)

we were moving 1 1/2 hours North. So we may have to stay around the Northampton area. I was wondering if anyone has long termed at Billing Aquadrome, and would you be willing to give me the benifit of your experience!

Steve

Hi all

Wife and I had sorted a Marina(bit previous, as no boat yet!) but the "kids" went ballisic when we told them A), we were going to live on a boat, and B)

we were moving 1 1/2 hours North. So we may have to stay around the Northampton area. I was wondering if anyone has long termed at Billing Aquadrome, and would you be willing to give me the benifit of your experience!

Steve

Dis-own the kids -- - - -

As long as they are old enough to look after themselves (20+)

Tell them you've already devoted (20+) years of your lives looking after them . . .

This is your time now!

I haven't been there but was considering a move there myself (non- existent customer service response to my mooring enquiries put me off!) but from people who are moored there, I have only heard good things.

ilovemynarrowboat (forum member) is moored there and she alsoloveshermarina from what I can gather!

(Ps, apparently there's lots of cats there, which would have been an advantage to me but maybe a problem for some!)

Hi all

Steve

Bless them they are only trying to protect their inheritance. Ditch them now, although we love our kids and Lucy lives next door! they wouldnt think of stopping us

Yes, I agree about the camping security, but the Marina is apparently quite secure. How far away is the sewage works, or more to the point, can I use it as an excuse after a night on the curry?

Why are marinas near sewage works. Lemonroyd Marina near Leeds stinks like hell most of the summer due to local sewage plant :wacko:

The way in from the river is unsigned. You could easily just sail pass without knowing it's there.

For the record it's that narrow cut that winds behind the pub. If coming upstream, Hard a starboard

just pass the bridge next to the pub.

Firesprite

In the office

Why are marinas near sewage works. Lemonroyd Marina near Leeds stinks like hell most of the summer due to local sewage plant :wacko:

May be the land is cheaper.

We've left our boat in Billing for a fortnight, no problems, friendly people, I would think great for kids. Only thing is I think Billing is one of those places that you can only stay for 11 months a year, do please check.

Photos of the entrance on our blog here.

In the caravanning and 4x4 world Billing doesn't have a good reputation. Theft, vandalism, and crime seem to be common words used!

Done a few shows there, and was glad to be able to commute in rather than stay over.

Can't comment about the marina, but it tends to be tarred with the same brush...

Good news, I expect you have earned it. :cheers:

Sorry to sound daft but are we talking about Billing Fen or some other marina? I can only comment on Billing Fen

Nick