Humiliation.

Travis

Featured Posts

This is sad....

We've had boats for over thirty years, our only child loved her time "up at the boat" when she was young. She met her Husband to be in the boatclub. They've been married for nine years and have two wonderful children. The apple of our eyes.

So with the imminent ending of our liveaboard life we thought we would pass on one of our greatest momento's to the Grandkids. Quite a momentous occasion for us.

We duly handed them our.....Rosie and Jim hand-knitted dolls. Theirs to keep,love and cherish for years to come.

They didn't want them, no interest whatsoever.

What shall we do with them?

We duly handed them our.....Rosie and Jim hand-knitted dolls. Theirs to keep,love and cherish for years to come.

What a horrible thing to do to your own grandkids, you're sick man! Sick!!!

Yeah, go grandkids!!!

Send them to me, I promise them a good (abeit briefly) home.

That's the dolls, not the grandkids.

Edited by fuzzyduck

Hey, Fuzzy, leave my Dolls alone...

That reminds me of a song..

so....

"All in all it's just another doll on the fire"

Sorry to hear you're moving ashore by the way, your little corner of the cut seemed so idyllic, I remember visiting you both with a happy smile.

This is sad....

We've had boats for over thirty years, our only child loved her time "up at the boat" when she was young. She met her Husband to be in the boatclub. They've been married for nine years and have two wonderful children. The apple of our eyes.

So with the imminent ending of our liveaboard life we thought we would pass on one of our greatest momento's to the Grandkids. Quite a momentous occasion for us.

Ceremonial burning?

Be thankful that the kids and grandkids appreciate the canals for what they are and for what they have experinced ....... and not what they have seen in some TV kids program or from viewing rag dolls in port hole windows!!

...... you weren't being serious in your post where you? ...... apologies if you were.

Phil

tongue in cheek :-)

To be honest...

Our Daughter and our (once) best boating mates son/ Son in Law have plenty of years experience of canals/boating/locks/swing bridges, in fact the best that Northern boating has to offer.

But they now dont like canals. Full Stop. It does happen. Lots of people who are boating now wont like it in a couple years time.

We realised today that we have no chance with our Grandkids.

Is boating becoming an "Older" sport/hobby/lifestyle?

Anyone want a R and J pair of dolls?

I believe so yes, I think it's (canal boating's) got to the point where it's simply too expensive to enter at a budget level, it's too regulated, and now sadly a bit too elitist.

you simply cannot go down to the cut, launch some old dinghy, and have fun.

and we simply cannot rely on our kids automatically enjoying what we do. We need new blood.

I give it another 20 years.

Edited by fuzzyduck

This is sad....

My granddaughters Daisy and Poppy would love them - in fact as I type this they are watching a R & J video after a "sleep in". In any case please make sure they go to a good home.

Dave (AKA Grandad Boat)

Out of interest I just had a look on eBay. Pairs of R&J dolls appear to sell briskly, prices recently achieved range from £15 to over £60. One pair even attracted 19 bids. So somebody out there wants them.

In the shared ownership sector, special 'school holiday' shares attract a premium and generally sell faster, so there are certainly some families out there wanting to spend more time on the canals with their children.