Hand held battery operated pump

rubblequeen

Featured Posts

Hi I have a small well under the front decking to collect rain water. Wondered about a small hand held battery operated pump to remove the water. Does anyone know of such a thing?

(As an aside my son-in-law said he could sort it out, drilled a hole in the side - blocked it with a match as it was below the water line. Question, am I lucky that he started with a pilot hole, lucky to have such a willing helper or just plain unlucky to one who can't use a tape measure correctly?) ANSWERS TO BE TATTOOED ON HIS BUTT

Hi I have a small well under the front decking to collect rain water. Wondered about a small hand held battery operated pump to remove the water. Does anyone know of such a thing?

(As an aside my son-in-law said he could sort it out, drilled a hole in the side - blocked it with a match as it was below the water line. Question, am I lucky that he started with a pilot hole, lucky to have such a willing helper or just plain unlucky to one who can't use a tape measure correctly?) ANSWERS TO BE TATTOOED ON HIS BUTT

You can get pumps that fit onto an electric drill - so that and a cordless drill would work

Small electric drill operated pump as used to empty fish tanks etc. Use a batery powered drill and 'bobs your fathers / mothers brother'

Link to example :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRILL-POWERED-PUMP-WATER-POND-POOL-SYPHON-ATTACHMENT-/270434867591?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PondsWaterFeatures_UK&hash=item3ef72c9987

Have you seen the " Rule " aquacharge cordless water pump ? Fifty odd quid and rechargeable and quite small. Might be worth a look :cheers:

The aquacharge is one option, never used one but they look like a submersible attached to a battery pack. Submersibles don't get the bilge very dry, if that's important go for a wet & dry vacuum cleaner, or something like a Jabsco 'water puppy' with a bit of hose and a flying lead to pump into your boat electrics.

Tim

The Whale pumps are good; reasonably well engineered but often advertised for silly prices This one is well priced and there are cheap copies also on eBay.

An alternative - even for quite large volumes of fluid is an engine sump pump, here It has good suction capabilities - up to almost a metre

and quite frankly save the effort of plugging it in every time you want to use it. Either will cope with oil / diesel - I've used the Whale as a transfer pump for fuel (saves risking slopping diesel into the Cut.

RubbleQ - - do remember to make a more permanent replacement for the matchstick

I saw a chap using one of these to pump diesel from a tub into his tanks. He said it was great and he paid £8 for his.. Not sure where from though..

Casp'

We bought ours in France a few years ago, it's still in its packaging and cost about £5 at the time :cheers:

Ann

For tiny amount (<5litres) I use an oil extractor. It will remove the last drops and does not rely on a power supply or battery.

The only drill pump that I had siezed up the first time I used it.

Nick

• 1 year later...