Polish - what do people recommend?

stickleback

Featured Posts

Craftmaster Carnuba.

Avoid silicon-based polishes, especially on the new paintwork. Having said that, my old boat used to get MER twice a year and it did a good job getting rid of the haze and surface crazing. And I didn't have any problems with touching up paintwork either.

Hi . We are having our boat repainted and don't want the paint getting tired again! We have seen some boats 8 or more years old looking immaculate, and it must be at least in part the polish used. Has anyone any really good polishes they can recommend?

In my opinion you can't beat Craftmaster Carnuba wax polish, apart from a brilliant finish there's no waiting for it to dry before polishing it off - you do that as you go. Takes a couple of hours on our 57 ft trad style once preparation of wash and leather is completed.

Best to leave new paint for a few months before you polish it

Mick

Edited by zodiak

Hi

I'm often asked what to do with a signwritten panel.....again I recommend Craftmaster Carnuba wax, not because Phil Speight's a mate but because it cuts the mustard INHO. Also, unlike some car polishes, it's silicone free. Silicones can cause problems with subsequent repaints and touching up scratches.

Hope that this helps.

Dave

Send them all back! then we might stand a chance of getting a job!!

:smiley_offtopic:

yes but first you have to get your ar*e out of bed,turn up on time ,go to work every day,look tidy and show that you want to work.Until then Polish workers will do.

14skipper

Until then Polish workers will do.

I'm sure you mean by that Polish workers will do as in

'they will...'

or...

they 'will do' as in they will be sufficient...

it reads both ways.

Edited by MJG

Send them all back! then we might stand a chance of getting a job!!

way to go idiot. Maybe you could peddle your bile elsewhere?

Back on Topic.... Some years ago, Phylis (I think) challenged Phil Speight claiming that his Caarnuba Wax was the same product as Carnuba Wax sold at Vintage/Classic Car shows for almost half the price, and Phil replied confirmimng that she was correct. Being a Classic car enthusuiast himself, Phil admitted that was aware of the product and decided to market it for boat owners, agreeing that it could often be purchased more cheaply at Vintage/classic car events.

Back on Topic.... Some years ago, Phylis (I think) challenged Phil Speight claiming that his Caarnuba Wax was the same product as Carnuba Wax sold at Vintage/Classic Car shows for almost half the price, and Phil replied confirmimng that she was correct. Being a Classic car enthusuiast himself, Phil admitted that was aware of the product and decided to market it for boat owners, agreeing that it could often be purchased more cheaply at Vintage/classic car events.

Isn't that good ol SIMONIZ?