Guildford Boat Festival

twinpot

Featured Posts

Anyone got any ideas why? It has seemed to be a popular and well attended event... Does it coincide with the Queens Jubilee, or the Olympics, or what? It would have been the 22cnd one.

When i receive the letter explaining why,i will let you know,i would expect it to be something to do with the olympics ect.

Twinpot.

Went to get our River Wey licence today and asked about the boat festival. The lady in the office confirmed that the boat gathering has been cancelled due to low water table levels for this time of the year and the wish to keep the navigation open as long as possible. A shame as we missed last year and we were looking forward to this, however, as we moor on the upper reaches we would prefer a longer season cruising. Mike and Lorraine

Just heard about this; I will have two very disappointed girls tonight (together with all their schoolmates) who were busy organising their pageant costumes!

We planned to meet local boating friends there for a BBQ and (water permitting) will still do so.

If the reason is low water table, then I would have thought that would have also curtailed anything organised for the Basingstoke?

Jo.

Just heard about this; I will have two very disappointed girls tonight (together with all their schoolmates) who were busy organising their pageant costumes!

We planned to meet local boating friends there for a BBQ and (water permitting) will still do so.

If the reason is low water table, then I would have thought that would have also curtailed anything organised for the Basingstoke?

Jo.

Yes its because of the low water table,and the double movement of over 80 boats will have a large impact on water levels,they dont expect normal navigation to be affected this year.Does anyone know if the Byfleet Boat Club Weyside 2012 is still being held on the 5th to the 7th may at the New Inn,or has this been cancelled as well.

Yes its because of the low water table,and the double movement of over 80 boats will have a large impact on water levels,they dont expect normal navigation to be affected this year.Does anyone know if the Byfleet Boat Club Weyside 2012 is still being held on the 5th to the 7th may at the New Inn,or has this been cancelled as well.

I spoke to a BBC member the other day, who said that at this stage Weyside 2012 was still going ahead. But time will tell, I suppose.

Jo.