cholorfier

nickc330

Featured Posts

hi i have a seamaster25 with hotwater drawn through a cholorifier when we turn on tap water comes through at a nice rate but slows dramatically to a dribble we think this could be the pump but unsure has any one suffered these problems i know the pipes arnt leaking as we have checked these for water loss hence no pressure so pressure drop also the pump doesnt seem to be starting its self up showing leaks in system.im at a loss this has been a gradule problem but being scared to look ive left it alone

I had a similar problem when my boat was fairly new. It turned out to be a partial blockage in the area around the filter on the water pump. This meant that the water pump couldn’t pull sufficient flow from the water tank. On initially turning on the tap, the flow was OK, this is because the water system had an accumulator fitted after the water pump. With the taps closed the water pump slowly pressurises and pumps water into the accumulator. When the tap is opened, the accumulator uses the water and pressure stored in it to give a good flow, when once the pressure drops, the pump cuts in but can’t pull enough water from the water tank. I would thoroughly check the water pump filter especially the hole through which the water enters the filter.

hi i have a seamaster25 with hotwater drawn through a cholorifier when we turn on tap water comes through at a nice rate but slows dramatically to a dribble we think this could be the pump but unsure has any one suffered these problems i know the pipes arnt leaking as we have checked these for water loss hence no pressure so pressure drop also the pump doesnt seem to be starting its self up showing leaks in system.im at a loss this has been a gradule problem but being scared to look ive left it alone

Some calorifiers have a NON-RETURN valve installed on the COLD water inlet.

you may have the old fashioned FLAP VALVE type,these can sometimes stick due to scaling on the valve seat.

the good pressure that you are getting when you first open the hot tap may be due to the pressure build-up caused by the water expanding from cold to hot.

look at the calorifier and see if there is a BRONZE OR BRASS fitting about 3 inches long with a HEXAGONAL nut on the top,if so.a sharp clout with a blunt instrument may unstick the valve.

this type of valve was always fitted to GODWIN pumps,and they frequently required some"percussive" engineering!