£1 BILLION over 15 years

Flocal

Featured Posts

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/9503877.Canals_gain___1bn_funding/

This old news?

I knew it was all being taken over but may have bissed the billion pound bit!

The billion pounds bit is spinning bolleaux achieved by counting what is not being taken away!

It's actually £64m this year and £39m a year from next year with a possibility of another £10m a year from 2015 (in the next Gubbinsment Spending Review period). It actually still leaves CART well short of enough money to maintain a steady state.

The only really good news was that the pension fund guarantee stays with the Government.

N

The billion pounds bit is spinning bolleaux achieved by counting what is not being taken away!

It's actually £64m this year and £39m a year from next year with a possibility of another £10m a year from 2015 (in the next Gubbinsment Spending Review period). It actually still leaves CART well short of enough money to maintain a steady state.

The only really good news was that the pension fund guarantee stays with the Government.

N

BW needed £80-£90m to maintain steady state. They got about £53m.

Its a very poor deal being talked up because its about a third more than was originally on the table.

BW needed £80-£90m to maintain steady state. They got about £53m.

Its a very poor deal being talked up because its about a third more than was originally on the table.

I am not saying it is a great deal, but as we have a government that is taking away benefits, making hundreds of thousands of government employees redundant I would say it was quite a good deal.