The things that nobody thinks to tell you...

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

brand new boats that look like the builder has covered it in superglue and ram raided a chandlers,

yWhat a splendid description, Mr. Onion! Green thing rather tardily awarded.

As to 3,4and 5 How to discourage visitors from using your loo, rock the boat the moment they shut the door and look as innocent as you can when they come out!!!"What the boat rocked? I wonder why" This only works for ladies.........

Iv'e stopped wearing perfume on my boat, I now prefer that lovely warm engine smell when we have been cruising along for a while.

One thing I've noticed is, after you've moved aboard, you plan and budget carefully on the basis that you won't have any cupboard space for anything.

Which isn't really true, because somehow after about a month, most cupboards seem to have beer in them.

Or is that just me?

One thing I've noticed is, after you've moved aboard, you plan and budget carefully on the basis that you won't have any cupboard space for anything.

Which isn't really true, because somehow after about a month, most cupboards seem to have beer in them.

Or is that just me?

yes, it probably is, on many boats the beer disappears quickly, thereby freeing cupboard space for less exciting items such as tinned peas.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but no one ever told us that food would be available somewhere near our boat's moorings. Even now after 14 years of boat ownership, we still subconsciously observe the rule@

Food Is Available Only In Your Home Town.

Thus we arrive at the boat weighed down with boxes of groceries, beer, even bottled water for chrissake, cram them into our cupboards, then cast off, and two miles later we go past a supermarket.

yes, it probably is, on many boats the beer disappears quickly, thereby freeing cupboard space for less exciting items such as tinned peas.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but no one ever told us that food would be available somewhere near our boat's moorings. Even now after 14 years of boat ownership, we still subconsciously observe the rule@

Food Is Available Only In Your Home Town.

Thus we arrive at the boat weighed down with boxes of groceries, beer, even bottled water for chrissake, cram them into our cupboards, then cast off, and two miles later we go past a supermarket.

And years later when you empty the cupboard cos the "boat Gestapo" "BSS Examiner" wants to look at the gas lines you find half a dozen tins that are well over their "use by" date.:D

Yes, that'll be me. :D

I haven't actually got my copy of WW yet but I did get hollered at on the marina today by another moorer who had spotted it...

Infamy! :lol:

As there's beer money in it, I may see if I can come up with something else legible in the future and see if they want to take it on too. Purely as a public service, you understand. :D

Thank you all for the kind comments... Can't believe how things ended up as a result of half an hour bored one evening and thinking 'I'll do a little list!'

Edited by Starcoaster

Yes, that'll be me. :D

I haven't actually got my copy of WW yet but I did get hollered at on the marina today by another moorer who had spotted it...

Infamy! :lol:

As there's beer money in it, I may see if I can come up with something else legible in the future and see if they want to take it on too. Purely as a public service, you understand. :D

Thank you all for the kind comments... Can't believe how things ended up as a result of half an hour bored one evening and thinking 'I'll do a little list!'

You'd better make sure that you get bored again soon, then.

Got my copy yesterday!

And - I am sure one of them has made it to a list in yesterdays 'Sun' too! - If it's moving and it shouldn't, use duck tape. If its not moving and it should, use WD40' :lol:

And even more spookily in the Sun is one I wrote on a card to my youngest son when he passed his driving test - 'The skill in driving fast is knowing when to slow down!' :o:o:o:o

And - I am sure one of them has made it to a list in yesterdays 'Sun' too! - If it's moving and it shouldn't, use duck tape. If its not moving and it should, use WD40' :lol:

Surely a corruption of the old Army expression, "If it moves, salute it, if it doesn't, paint it".

What, in The Sun? :o

(I would rather rub ground glass into my eyes that read The Sun, and particularly the 'Sun on Sunday... You have no idea how much of an effort it was for me just to be able to bring myself to capitalise the 'S' in 'Sun' then...)

Edited by Starcoaster