Fitting guages to Beta engine

Featured Posts

As I am contemplating some serious river cruising this year, I thought a rev counter and temperature guage would be a wise addition to my currently 'basic' engine control.

Can anyone advise of suitable sources for these? 52mm are preffered for both.

Any idea what the thread size is for the water sensor on a Beta 1505?

Also anything I need to know about fitting a tacho. I presume it has to come from the alternater (A127) but how do you get the right reading given variations in pulley ratios?

TIA

As I am contemplating some serious river cruising this year, I thought a rev counter and temperature guage would be a wise addition to my currently 'basic' engine control.

Also anything I need to know about fitting a tacho. I presume it has to come from the alternater (A127) but how do you get the right reading given variations in pulley ratios?

TIA

Hopefully on your alternator there is a connection point marked "W" This can be used to send pulse info to a tachometer. Find one in a range of 0-4000 or less for use with a pulse terminal. It will be adjustable normally so that you can get it set up for your engine and pulley arrangement.

Here is an example

http://www.thornycroftparts.co.uk/product207754_422948.aspx

Hopefully on your alternator there is a connection point marked "W" This can be used to send pulse info to a tachometer. Find one in a range of 0-4000 or less for use with a pulse terminal. It will be adjustable normally so that you can get it set up for your engine and pulley arrangement.

Here is an example

http://www.thornycroftparts.co.uk/product207754_422948.aspx

Churchward

Your signature-- Is that the opening lines from "Noggin The Nog" a cartoon on the tele from about 300 years ago when I was a lad.

Steve

Edited by sharpness

Well... I emailed Beta and got no response, so not looking too hopefull.

The thornycroft unit is great, but too big. I can only fit in a 52mm unit.

Any more offers???

Any more offers???

Have you checked ebay quite often (weekly) theres usually a handfull of diesel 52mm tachos around the £40, mark, but not sure why youd want one ??? good luck

TIA

http://www.asap-supplies.com/search/tachometer+52mm/faria-industrial-tacho-tc9282

Any more offers???

Get the build number from the engine (it's often on a plate on the rocker cover and generally starts with a 'K') and then ring them. The Beta wiring loom (assuming yours has a factory loom) should already have the connections for a tacho and temperature switch and Beta do options on control panels, one of which includes a set of useful gauges. Have a look here at page 16 and you'll see the choice.