Ricky Festival 2012

Speedwheel

Featured Posts

Just recieved the application form. Looking forward to it. This year we won't lose the tug of war (even if we have to cheat!)

can you get one via e-mail??not having a home adress does have it's drawbacks and would love to get a decent bankside BBQ mooring so I can see the NBT team fall in again.

can you get one via e-mail??not having a home adress does have it's drawbacks and would love to get a decent bankside BBQ mooring so I can see the NBT team fall in again.

Try the festival director david.montague@btinternet.com

Or try Chris B on here - he will probably be along soon :)

And what makes you think that you can win with brute power

After all 2011 was won by a boat that lost nearly every pull

Lol

Sadly,

What makes anyone think they will now actually necessarily be able to get to Ricky, (or Wendover/Boxmoor) events with the impending closure of Tring summit for an unknown period. (Other than by the River, of course).

There is a possibility these events may suffer badly in boat numbers if BW decide they haven't got the water to reopen it for those months.

• 3 weeks later...

Ummh.

seems that we have yet to see Chris B and the "mail" yet,

But all being well and assuming Ive screwed the engine back togther well enough and exchanged the broken stud,,, All being well we will be there by the bridge to show you how it's done or not - check the you tube vids ,, search for ricky etc Lincoln is in the thick it - winning but not as you would know it!!

We will be there to particpate and enjoy the

atmosphere with our chums,,,, and hopefully get some to ride and ballast the boat & we can do the same for them,

cheers John

Ummh.

seems that we have yet to see Chris B and the "mail" yet,

But all being well and assuming Ive screwed the engine back togther well enough and exchanged the broken stud,,, All being well we will be there by the bridge to show you how it's done or not - check the you tube vids ,, search for ricky etc Lincoln is in the thick it - winning but not as you would know it!!

We will be there to particpate and enjoy the

atmosphere with our chums,,,, and hopefully get some to ride and ballast the boat & we can do the same for them,

cheers John

Err John I gave the mail to Chris Grey ( Hayley) who said he would deliver it !

will ring himm and bollock

C

Chris..

No worries as if by magis it appeared in lady J's Mit on saturday,,,,

pencil us in all things being equal we should be there..

rebuild is proving its 2 forward and 3 back wards occasionally... shes free then stiff.

but figure we can get there one way or another..

trust all is good with your project..

cheers strads

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We still have some free moorings at the Ricky festival ( not many) so if you are thinking of bringing your boat get to it

France was sign written on on side today Chris - other side on Thursday. It's looking good.

Don't think the fuel pump will be ready for Tycho though, so you may have to remove her the tug of war :( I'll still bring her down but with a tow from Victoria.

Would have loved to have been there, but no way could we organise getting "Sickle" back from Brum in time, following her other commitments.

Can't even be there without boat, I'm afraid - more "Sickle" moving has to be done this weekend.

Next year, maybe!

That would be good Alan

Hi Ho ricky gets closer

Chris

Now who wants to have an all night party outside a boat that Has pissed me off !!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! I am up for that, got some laser lights and a sound system, club together for beer from tescos :-)

That would be good Alan

Hi Ho ricky gets closer

Chris

Now who wants to have an all night party outside a boat that Has pissed me off !!!!!!!!!!!

Can we race up and down - got a newly installed engine and prop combination to 'test'

Can we race up and down - got a newly installed engine and prop combination to 'test'

The sad thing is that the boats around it are OK ...

still best to not let it worry me , there are other issues to sort out

If anybody can spare some time on Sat or Sun to man the boaters information tent it would really help out

AND if you are on site Friday/Sat I may need a hand boat juggling

Chris

Edited by Chris-B

The sad thing is that the boats around it are OK ...

still best to not let it worry me , there are other issues to sort out

If anybody can spare some time on Sat or Sun to man the boaters information tent it would really help out

AND if you are on site Friday/Sat I may need a hand boat juggling

Chris

I'll be there with Tycho and Victoria Friday early-mid afternoon. Plan is to bring the other two down early on Saturday morning. I'll help if I can.