Colecraft Dutch Barge Photo

FiFiW

Featured Posts

Hi to all,

You remember I posted recently asking advice about my dad's boat which we are reluctantly having to sell. As a result I have received a few requests to add photos for members to view. After searching I have managed to find one - its around 4 years old so the paintwork its not quite so gleaming but at least you can see the style of boat I am talking about.

Right well Im having no luck in posting the image - I'm transferring from Photobucket so can anyone tell me how to do it and when posting a photo on here does it just display the link until you post or should the image automatically appear once posted?

Many thanks! :banghead:

Hi to all,

You remember I posted recently asking advice about my dad's boat which we are reluctantly having to sell. As a result I have received a few requests to add photos for members to view. After searching I have managed to find one - its around 4 years old so the paintwork its not quite so gleaming but at least you can see the style of boat I am talking about.

Right well Im having no luck in posting the image - I'm transferring from Photobucket so can anyone tell me how to do it and when posting a photo on here does it just display the link until you post or should the image automatically appear once posted?

Many thanks! :banghead:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38816

cimg1352y.jpg

I'm struggling too with this one matty - no idea why it won't display directly...

had to save it to my pc and upload to photobucket....and even then it won't display...

Edited by MJG

Am I a lucky boy or what.

I clicked on the link and in a new screen it came up that I had won a i-phone s. They rendomly select a lucky winner on Mondays. Just enter your details etc. etc.

Anyone else been selected?

Oh! by the way, nice looking boat, from the outside, if not a little square.

Martyn

I clicked on the link and in a new screen it came up that I had won a i-phone s. They rendomly select a lucky winner on Mondays. Just enter your details etc. etc.

Martyn

Sounds like a scam to me good bud. But you know that and have caught me out....... :)

Martyn

I have absolutely no idea about the ad, I just lifted the image from my external hard drive and dropped it in imageshack and thats the limit of my technical expertise!! This is the thing about dutch barges, they aren't for everyone - I always preferred our previous narrowboat but dad thought these were absolutely beautiful so I guess its horses for courses!

I have absolutely no idea about the ad, I just lifted the image from my external hard drive and dropped it in imageshack and thats the limit of my technical expertise!! This is the thing about dutch barges, they aren't for everyone - I always preferred our previous narrowboat but dad thought these were absolutely beautiful so I guess its horses for courses!

Are you old enough to remember his stern-wheeled Dawncraft?

;)

Tim

Are you old enough to remember his stern-wheeled Dawncraft?

;)

Tim

Hi Tim, I knew someone would remember dad on here sooner or later!! Yes I do, that was the first boat in my lifetime which we had up until I was about 10 I think - the dawncraft with the z drive outboard engine - but do you remember it when it had the red paddlewheel on the back - hence the name Thresher and then later Jolly Thresher!

Hi Tim, I knew someone would remember dad on here sooner or later!! Yes I do, that was the first boat in my lifetime which we had up until I was about 10 I think - the dawncraft with the z drive outboard engine - but do you remember it when it had the red paddlewheel on the back - hence the name Thresher and then later Jolly Thresher!

Yes I do , didn't remember the paddlewheel as red but it was a long time ago ;)

Tim

Martyn

Lucky boy Martyn, post a photo of your i-phone if you will really get it, I've had several wins but never received anything but empty promisses.

Good luck, and don't hold your breath while waiting, as it's likely going to be a long wait,

Peter.

Thank you!

You are not the only one having had difficulties with posting photos, it took me quite a while, but as now in your case, there has always be someone much more clever then I am (that's easy !) that managed to get it showed.

I seem to remember this boat from the Canal du Nivernais many years ago, it's nice to see her again.

Cheers,

Peter.

Lucky boy Martyn, post a photo of your i-phone if you will really get it, I've had several wins but never received anything but empty promisses.

Good luck, and don't hold your breath while waiting, as it's likely going to be a long wait,

Peter.

You are not the only one having had difficulties with posting photos, it took me quite a while, but as now in your case, there has always be someone much more clever then I am (that's easy !) that managed to get it showed.

I seem to remember this boat from the Canal du Nivernais many years ago, it's nice to see her again.

Cheers,

Peter.

Hi Peter, it will undoubtedly have been the same boat you saw in France. In the late 90s dad joined the Dutch Barge Association, took a navigational course in the UK, then took himself off to France and completed the same course in French. Not long after and nestled between some very large members of the DBA he crossed the channel in the boat and spent a few months of each year for around 4-5 years cruising the canals of France, with moorings at Cambrai. Dad will be thrilled to hear that someone remembers his boat from the French waterways.

All the best,

Fiona

What a beautiful looking barge, was she built in the UK?

Albert.

The OP refers to it being a Colecraft so I would guess yes (assuming they fitted her out too).

Hi Peter, it will undoubtedly have been the same boat you saw in France. In the late 90s dad joined the Dutch Barge Association, took a navigational course in the UK, then took himself off to France and completed the same course in French. Not long after and nestled between some very large members of the DBA he crossed the channel in the boat and spent a few months of each year for around 4-5 years cruising the canals of France, with moorings at Cambrai. Dad will be thrilled to hear that someone remembers his boat from the French waterways.

All the best,

Fiona

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your parents - we did not know Margaret died last year. Give our best regards to Alan.

Tam & Di

m/v "Friesland"

Edited by Tam & Di

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your parents - we did not know Margaret died last year. Give our best regards to Alan.

Tam & Di

m/v "Friesland"

Hi Tam and Di, sadly she passed away after mercifully a very short illness at the end of 2010, I will pass on your regards to dad xx