Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant

classicstove

Featured Posts

Doubt it. I think something like a 1/4 of the boats that applied were in some way connected to the SPCC and they have a lot of tideway experience. I am surprised that only so few got in, there are some startling omissions eg one of only two boats which did the initial run and then the big rehearsal did not get in.

P R: It sounds like you have never been on the tidal Thames? My advice to you is get down early and get acquainted.

Yes sound advice, but wont matter how early we get there if i cant get the dogs on and off, which is why i asked if anyone knows?

Yes sound advice, but wont matter how early we get there if i cant get the dogs on and off, which is why i asked if anyone knows?

Fair point. I read your original post as saying Regents Dock?

Royal Docks will be problematic as it depends on where you are moored. If you are in the "usual" spot by Excel then the height varies from roughly roof height to roughly dock height. I think most of the dock walls are at roof level, the exception is that corner by Excel but then the mooring there is restricted at present by the cable car works.

r_royal-docks_20120109-152.jpg

For the pageant I would not be surprised if they stacked you up by the Lock. The wall there is a little lower, perhaps 2' down from roof level. Here is a photo for you to make your own judgement of the height (I don't trust my memory but I am sure that our greyhounds had a bobble on the dock wall there):

r_excel-20jan09-023.jpg

Thanks RicharN, very useful info. Does not look as bad as i thought, (had a vision of walls towering high above us) but think we would just about get them on and off.

Edited to add, yes i did say Regents Dock, should have been Royal.

Edited by P R