apologies

sorry

Featured Posts

Thank you to those of you that have welcomed me. The post is genuine and was posted so late because I couldn't sleep, some of those comments were pretty upsetting! I am moving the boat tomorrow and trust me will not be mooring near any locks.

Thank you to those of you that have welcomed me. The post is genuine and was posted so late because I couldn't sleep, some of those comments were pretty upsetting! I am moving the boat tomorrow and trust me will not be mooring near any locks.

Lol, worry not, most of its banter

Shout up if you need a hand, there's bound to be someone near you who can help

Richard

Unfortunately, I'm not anywhere near

Has Zoe ever been to Leeds? The boat looks very similar to one that was up here the other year.

Welcome to the forum...

No never been to leeds, embarrasingly, have yet to venture passed boxmoor but hoping that will change next year. I don't think I could get to leeds I'v been told the locks get to narrow.

No never been to leeds, embarrasingly, have yet to venture passed boxmoor but hoping that will change next year. I don't think I could get to leeds I'v been told the locks get to narrow.

I think you have winter stoppages near you as well, check when and where b4 you move :)

Lol, worry not, most of its banter

thanks jenlyn, I'm warming to it!

I think you have winter stoppages near you as well, check when and where b4 you move :)

Thanks, I'm making enquiries with a moorings coordinater about a winter mooring at nash mills...fingers X'd

I am not sure vast and bulk are relative descriptions of Zoe, after all, two narrow boats breasted up are bigger, and yes, I have seen breasted up moored on lock landings :)

I want to know what you two were doing in her bedroom? ;)

so do I...

I am not sure vast and bulk are relative descriptions of Zoe, after all, two narrow boats breasted up are bigger, and yes, I have seen breasted up moored on lock landings :)

I certainly wouldn't try and claim a breasted pair of narrow boats would cause any less of an obstruction, left in a similar place. :rolleyes:

However when people meet a breasted pair coming through a restricted Grand Union bridge, I would suggest that "vast" and "bulk" are probably not bad descriptive words when related to the space the things take up.

Not that I'm particularly one who should be talking about "inconspicuous" - if you travel about in a boat in a boat in full (old) British Waterways livery, you do tend to get noticed too. (I'm quite used to saying "no I don't work for them", and "no I don't rent it off them"!).

Some boats get noticed a lot, others much less so, but generally if very big compared to most others, then I think they attract more attention.

Do you know "Moose Drool" now up in the Milton Keynes area ? It's not just the name of that boat that causes you to remember it - the sheer size plays a part too.

Yep the locks are too small and the large waterways down south are seperated from the large waterways up north.

There is then a very similar boat to yours up here then.

Ha ha...how do you know about my sculpures!! :blink:

;-)

Question though, in the bedroom it looks like there's an upside down socket (above the tv in the pictures), what's that all about?

Having read both article's on this Lady, she seams to be one of the many people coming on to the canal network through circumstances rather then choice who see it as a cheap place to live while still working in the area especially down on the Southern network who suddenly class themselves as "Boater's" which most people wouldn't mind if she was in a Marina or on an official mooring which could accommodate that size of boat, did she not research her new way of life before buying her boat and find out about moorings, size restrictions etc or was she carried away with living the dream and seeing a wow factor boat and lifestyle through rose coloured glasses? While reading the public article's about her being a teacher with a son, I doubt that she would be moving far from her place of work and as stated by other canal users in the area this seams to be the case, She says BW are aware of this due to personal circumstances, work/son in education?? but what is the difference between her being a CC'er and the case of Davis on the K&A and having to move out the area a certain distance? Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks to see how far she moves, please keep us updated Alan.

Edited by mickeyduff
  • Greenie 1

Having read both article's on this Lady, she seams to be one of the many people coming on to the canal network through circumstances rather then choice who see it as a cheap place to live while still working in the area especially down on the Southern network who suddenly class themselves as "Boater's" which most people wouldn't mind if she was in a Marina or on an official mooring which could accommodate that size of boat, did she not research her new way of life before buying her boat and find out about moorings, size restrictions etc or was she carried away with living the dream and seeing a wow factor boat and lifestyle through rose coloured glasses? While reading the public article's about her being a teacher with a son, I doubt that she would be moving far from her place of work and as stated by other canal users in the area this seams to be the case, She says BW are aware of this due to personal circumstances, work/son in education?? but what is the difference between her being a CC'er and the case of Davis on the K&A and having to move out the area a certain distance? Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks to see how far she moves, please keep us updated Alan.

You appear to be making a great many assumptions

Give the girl a feckin break already. FFS.

You only have to take a boat through a few of locks to relise that it is/would be far more awkward if another boat was tied up on the lock moorings. For some one to own a boat for 12/18 months, even if it's not moved very far, and not realise that is a bit beyond me I'm afraid.

You appear to be making a great many assumptions

If you read all the posts,articles and the magazine articles you will see there pretty accurate assumptions.

Give the girl a feckin break already. FFS.

Oh seams to make a difference if you are a girl, is that an excuse to cause an obstruction and moor on Lock moorings? and according to the people who have encountered this boat she has had the chance to move her boat further back to not cause an obstruction

Edited by mickeyduff

Oh seams to make a difference if you are a girl, is that an excuse to cause an obstruction and moor on Lock moorings? and according to the people who have encountered this boat she has had the chance to move her boat further back to not cause an obstruction

For which she has apologised - what's your beef still???

And I am not comfortable with you writing as if the OP is not a member of the forum. There is something not right about that.

'Sorry' has had the courage to put her hands up and say "it is me". She has also stated her intention to put right her level of knowledge, to admit that she doesn't know as much as she should. I admire her honesty and her guts. I don't admire your soapbox posturing

• Greenie 1

And I am not comfortable with you writing as if the OP is not a member of the forum. There is something not right about that.

'Sorry' has had the courage to put her hands up and say "it is me". She has also stated her intention to put right her level of knowledge, to admit that she doesn't know as much as she should. I admire her honesty and her guts. I don't admire your soapbox posturing

Not comfortable :lol: lets see what happens if she is still there or moves to not cause an obstruction, I take my hat off to the member and members of the Forum who have brought it to everyone's attention as it doe's seam to be a problem with boats passing through that lock

Edited by mickeyduff
  • Greenie 1

Have a greenie back.

Edited to add - gave myself a greenie by mistake. Pillock.

Edited to add - and gave Mickeyduffs post a greenie too, double Pillock.

Edited to add - and now I've run out of greenies, sorry Baz. Triple Pillock. I think I'll log off and go and lie down.

Edited by twbm
  • Greenie 2

For which she has apologised - what's your beef still???

Sorry seams to make it all right, maybe you should read your previous posts on this matter :lol:

http://www.canalworl...ndpost&p=774186

http://www.canalworl...ndpost&p=774198

http://www.canalworl...ndpost&p=774258

Edited by Theo
To remove some unsuitable content.
  • Greenie 1