Ice Breaking

Martin Megson

Featured Posts

And here we are. I know this is very different from most people's boating, but in view of the various threads about ice-breaking just now, it may be of interest. e-mail received today.

Wow. And we think the ice is thick on the cut!

And the fuel used! I wonder if that was 60/40 or 100% declaration?

Its strange how all the boat pests who lord it at rallies with their faux tugs, and working boat replicas with 3LW's, and JP3's,and Kelvins are nowhere to be seen when there's a bit of ice that needs breaking !

Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning did we?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'd say the evidence is "Yes"! :lol:

But I guess you mean "is that the boat that was being discussed on here as sunk at Apsley", in which case the answer is still "Yes".

I've not been back in the area recently to know what happened since, (picture is from 23 rd Jan).

According to some of the Salvation Army chaplains that work the canal in that area, it had been refloated once, but gone down again overnight, sadly.

Its been re-floated and had some squirty foam and polythene sheeting put in to plug the holes. There is a lot of work to be done there!

Has anyone got any ice left to break? Relatively warm again with warm forecast ahead.

Its been re-floated and had some squirty foam and polythene sheeting put in to plug the holes. There is a lot of work to be done there!

Has anyone got any ice left to break? Relatively warm again with warm forecast ahead.

Pleased to say the K & A is liquid again!