wetroom design for bathroom

ChrisPy

Featured Posts

Better still. Build a Hypocaust like the Romans did.  The floor could be built on spaced out breeze-blocks with the stove flue ducted below and emerging somewhere in the engine room.

On a related topic how about one of those underwater ramming spikes they used to have on the front their galleys, might just settle a few of those disputes about who got to the bridge-hole first.  Pretty smart those romans.

Hypocaust - great.

Spikes :) - now, now, JohnO, is that a nice way to end the old year? :D

Wont matter then Chris

I was just thinking about walking through it wet with a bit of mud on your boots and then treding it into the carpets, at that it sounded like a lot of cleaning, :)

I can never understand these narrow-minded blokes who have to walk through the holy of holies to get from one end of the boat to the other.

I've seen ads for lengthening boats. How about a fabricator who could widen them as well? :D

I can never understand these narrow-minded blokes who have to walk through the holy of holies to get from one end of the boat to the other.

yeah, doesnt make sence to me eather, i'd rather lose 2' out of the bathroom and have a corridor my the side. (like we have)

dnaiel

Well i want a proper bath every day and the only way i could get a full size bath in was by using the compleate width by doing that i have cut the bathroom down to 6'6'' in length and that is all i could spare. only other way was to put the bathroom in the bows and have side doors to access the deck, and i did not think that was safe.

We built a wet-room in the house and used the commercial non-slip flooring that you see in hospitals, commercial kitchens etc. It is expensive, but definitely non-slip. We managed to get hold of some off-cuts at a bargain price which we used on the deck of the aft-cockpit - slightly more difficult to keep clean than the old vinyl, but worth it for the added safety.

We built a wet-room in the house and used the commercial non-slip flooring that you see in hospitals, commercial kitchens etc.  It is expensive, but definitely non-slip.  We managed to get hold of some off-cuts at a bargain price which we used on the deck of the aft-cockpit - slightly more difficult to keep clean than the old vinyl, but worth it for the added safety.

where can I get some?

The off-cuts were a favour from a friend who runs a flooring business doing commercial premises - offices, factories etc.

The stuff for the wet-room we got through a local 'interiors' shop, the sort that does curtains, laminate flooring, blinds etc. We paid for professional fitting, but only because we were too busy with other things to do a good job. I can't find the invoice, so can't confirm the name of the stuff or the price - blame OH's extreme filing system!

Chris

It just came to me whilst re reading your post, when I was in Kuwait I lived in a tower block complex in the southern town of Fahaheel. Each three bed apartment had one ensuite. one shower/toilet unit and one guest toilet. Each if these units was prepormed from two GRP moulds. Although white seemed to be the only colour, the idea of a plastic unit made in two halves and sealed together was a good one.

The left hand side included a wash basin bidet and toilet all moulded in one piece and the right hand side of the 'L' shape housed the shower and formed the back wall of the guest toilet unit.

Cleaning was the whole place easily accomplished with the shower head.

Some one must make these units still. This could make the instalation of shower/washroms in narrow boats an easy thing to do. I must start searching.

Chris

It just came to me whilst re reading your post, when I was in Kuwait I lived in a tower block complex in the southern town of Fahaheel. Each three bed apartment had one ensuite. one shower/toilet unit and one guest toilet. Each if these units was prepormed from two GRP moulds. Although white seemed to be the only colour, the idea of a plastic unit made in two halves and sealed together was a good one.

The left hand side included a wash basin bidet and toilet all moulded in one piece and the right hand side of the 'L' shape housed the shower and formed the back wall of the guest toilet unit.

Cleaning was the whole place easily accomplished with the shower head.

Some one must make these units still. This could make the instalation of shower/washroms in narrow boats an easy thing to do. I must start searching.

There are indutrialised building systems that include pre-made bathrooms. My daughter stayed in a residence at London Uni that had such bathrooms, and very neat they were too.

You will pay through the nose if you want to buy one off the shelf, the dimensions (height and door sizes for example) will not fit in a boat, and the accessories (WC for example) will not be suitable for boat use.

Not worth the bovver !