I think I've had enough now.

Sir Nibble

Featured Posts

For the benefit of anyone who hasn't sussed him.

Captain Jack Sparrow is Theguitardoctor.

Slags us off, on the friendly forum, but he just can't stay away.

As I found out, with his previous incarnation.

:banghead:

Not much help to me though Carl as I don't know who theguitardoctor was either...

Casp'

i can't be held responsible for folk who don't read all of the forums ;).

Edited to add: You haven't missed much, for what it's worth.

Edited by carlt

This is what I posted -

I know what you posted. I can read. It's an ability I've had to a greater or lesser extent for well over 50 years. You implied that the forum could have been responsible for a tragic turn of events.

Tony

Posted by Minos half way down.

1. Minos is a relatively new member.

2. Minos asked a question, he didn't make an accusation.

Tony

Classic trolling but this is only my opinion, no other clique or member has influenced me in this posting.

I'd like to agree with you Keith, but would that then be the start of a clique?

Anyway didn't the government encourage us to join a clique back in the 70's? You remember, along with a clunk for every trip.

Tony

I think you have me confused but I'll leave you to it. It's obviously better to read than post. I should have stayed as a guest.

I only stayed on in here as another member all but took it as I blamed this forum for someone's death. For the record, I didn't.

Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow

I suspect that we are now going off topic (wow, a CWDF thread going off-topic ;) ) but the above comment proves my point about Gibbo's contributions cutting through the B.S. Yes, there are far more contributors to electrical threads these days, and the quality of the advice in those threads has tumbled in direct relationship to the increase in respondents.

OH so true

Since Gibbo has gone I have seen so much rubbish spouted by those that dont know the truth!

On electrical matters there are some whose input is correct and I respect, howver the great majority...............

Probably a couple of daft questions

If the identity of proven trolls is known to Long Standing Members is there no mechanism that can be used to identify them to other members.

Similarly as LSM status appears to be based on the number of posts a member makes might in not be better to relate the description to time served and or wether they have relevant experiences/qualifications as in the case of Gibbo and SirNibble I was aware of Gibbo work connection but not Nibbles

I am aware of your longevity on the forum however posting for the sake of posting is a different matter

Edit I am not suggesting that you are guilty of that BTW

Edited by Offcumden

Any proof of that Carl or are you deducing from posting style?

Roger

Based in cheshire, looking for a mattress, just bought a boat with an Isuzu 38 and Alde heater, moving aboard in the New Year.

The real clincher was that he lied on JC about being a drummer...A drummer giving advice about amplifiers...Come on!

I believe that the word you want is "sought", not "sort".

Rule number 1: NEVER open a new front on spelling or grammar unless you are certain that your own is impecable.

Oh dear dear me.

SORT as in how the postman sorts the letters into his little pigeon holes you goons.

So in relation (sorting opinons and facts)

Based in cheshire, looking for a mattress, just bought a boat with an Isuzu 38 and Alde heater, moving aboard in the New Year.

The real clincher was that he lied on JC about being a drummer...A drummer giving advice about amplifiers...Come on!

Ah Ok, some similarities then, but as I don't look at JC I wouldn't know about that aspect.

Roger

''A drummer giving advice about amplifiers''

Why would that be so hard for you to understand?

Our drummer studied sound engineering and music production at uni.

''A drummer giving advice about amplifiers''

Why would that be so hard for you to understand?

Our drummer studied sound engineering and music production at uni.

It's a music joke.

You know, like "What's the name of the guy who hangs around with musicians?"

"The Drummer".

>>> spacebar. I've read thru' this thread, and the "tasty" one before it was locked and IMO the score is Dave 25, Spacebar nil. You just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself! Every retort is weaker than the previous one and you are painting yourself as a very unpleasant individual.

• Greenie 2

>>> spacebar. I've read thru' this thread, and the "tasty" one before it was locked and IMO the score is Dave 25, Spacebar nil. You just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself! Every retort is weaker than the previous one and you are painting yourself as a very unpleasant individual.

If you think Dave has the right to go round slapping things without consequence and IM an unpleasant individual because I dont tolerate shite from people who stamp all over someone for wanting a guard dog then you can assume to your hearts content I couldnt give a toss what picture you see.

I dont know where you are based but you will find it very difficult to speak to many boaters over in Ashton and the surrounding area up to bugsworth basin in the real world who feel a great deal of Love for Dave apart from his little band of internet chums.

So you keep your scores with or without little black dashes facts or opinions blah d blah.

Edited by Spacebar

How do you know when the drummer's stool is level? The drool comes out of both corners of his mouth.

Oh dear dear me.

SORT as in how the postman sorts the letters into his little pigeon holes you goons.

So in relation (sorting opinons and facts)

So, this sentence: "You sort to dictate about opinion and facts while doing so you did it incorrectly." contains two tenses then, and should read: "You sorted to dictate about opinion and facts while doing so you did it incorrectly." It still doesn't make any sense. Are you a drummer, perchance?

Don't feel bad about it. I've been one for over 30 and am sick hearing it.

No disrespect to you carl... :cheers:

It must be specific to a certain kind of music perhaps.

How do you know when the drummer's stool is level? The drool comes out of both corners of his mouth.

So, this sentence: "You sort to dictate about opinion and facts while doing so you did it incorrectly." contains two tenses then, and should read: "You sorted to dictate about opinion and facts while doing so you did it incorrectly." It still doesn't make any sense. Are you a drummer, perchance?

It makes perfect sense to me and yes IM drummer and Piano player.

Little old thick me.

Correct use of capitalisation is the difference between me helping my uncle Jack off a horse, and helping my uncle jack off a horse

Nuthin' anal about that.

It depends on what you consider important in life.

If you think correct capitalisation is imortant to communicate with some of the retards on here then go for it.