Are you new to boating?? CLICK HERE

Sam

Featured Posts

Old Chap, Sue, :blush: I dunno, Worlds changing faster than I can handle.

Take no notice of the younger element round ‘ere Sue, they seem to think this is IRC or summick, most of us here are staid, upright, ladies an gennelmen, with an old fashioned sense of decorum.

(I think)

:lol:

Take no notice of the younger element round ?ere Sue

- they seem to think this is IRC or summick

- most of us here are staid, upright, ladies an gennelmen, with an old fashioned sense of decorum.

Yeah, just ignore me, sam, and the site admin.

- Neather off us are nearly old enought to fit in with this place?

staid \STAYD\, adjective:

Sober; grave; steady; sedate; composed; regular; not wild, volatile, or fanciful.

Daniel

Yeah, just ignore me, sam, and the site admin.

- Neather off us are nearly old enought to fit in with this place?

staid \STAYD\, adjective:

Sober; grave; steady; sedate; composed; regular; not wild, volatile, or fanciful.

Daniel

21820[/snapback]

Yeah, Views by a few people here ay Dan!

hi all nicky here from wolverhampton part time caturloge distributor and just been looking at this narowboat and thinking of buying it looking at moring fees at the time to work out my costes if any one can help there is some work on the boat hope some one can help ps not a good speller

Hey 'Nicky'

Welcome to the Canal World forums . . I hope you find them interesting and useful!

Can you give us more info please?

I'm sue there are some of us who would love to help! :blush:

Sam

Amicus, Dan (and me) lets keep this ON topic and not wonder off the topic like above! :lol:

Edited by Sam

hi all nicky here from wolverhampton part time caturloge distributor and just been looking at this narowboat and thinking of buying it looking at moring fees at the time to work out my costes if any one can help there is some work on the boat hope some one can help  ps not a good speller

Hi, welcombe aboard.

- Dont worry about the spelling, i cant spell eather! (great isn it :blush: )

Daniel

ok yes i want to buy this boat the boat is in stoke and i live in wolverhampton at the present the boat has not got any licence and can i more the boat to wolverhampton to work on the price of the moring in stoke is 13.75 per week is this a lost of money or is that that aver i am also looking for moring in wolverhampton help please

nicky

ok yes i want to buy this boat  the boat is in stoke and i live in wolverhampton at the present the boat has not got any licence and can i more the boat to wolverhampton to work on the price of the moring in stoke is 13.75 per week is this a lost of money or is that that aver i am also looking for moring in wolverhampton help please

nicky

22084[/snapback]

Right . .you want to moore a boat in Wolverhampton for the moring place/license you will regsiter for stoke?

If this is what you mean . it depends, I pressume, on the type of license that you get. - you may be able to get more 'leniant' ones. If you mean about paying for a mooring- i would have though you woyuld have to buy it for the two different places.

(i may be wrong though :blush: )

The boat needs a licence when ever it on the waterways.

- So it ort to have one now, nevermind while you move it.

Although unfortunatly BW are a little bit lax in there enforcement of licence dodgers, so tbh, i doubt anyone would notice or even care if the did :S

- I'd get your self sorted out with a licence asap, but in the mean time (while waiting of the licence to come though) just move it. and if you come across anyone who point out the boats not licenced, tell them you've asked for one, but its not yet come

[Edited for Clarity]

Daniel

Edited by dhutch

Hi Nickytheboat and welcome.

You need to get the license before moving, unless you are going the long way round you will be going thought the tunnel at stoke and BW will probably pick you up there.

Dan is wrong to tell you to just go and move it,

Edited by Richard Bustens

Dan is wrong to tell you to just go and move it,

I didnt say just moce it, i said ring up for a licence, pay etc. but then if your in a hurry, you could move it becuase the acctual discs can take 3/4weeks to come though.

Daniel

Yes Dan

But if you pay you get a yellow receipt for your money the next day and that will do to move about. if stuck in the window.

I accept you meant, pay then move, but i read it as you were saying that it would be OK as no one will know.

Possibly my misreading of your post. :blush:

:D

Just looked at your website Sam old chap. Good photos of Birmingham, which I know quite well. Have the canals round there changed much? (Last there in 1999)

Sumo

22114[/snapback]

They are renevating all the warehouses turning them into apartments (very expensive ones) and they have made it well. . really nice! - I find them a great place top boat around (and my brother lives in a penthouse flat overlooking the canals there [not boasting or anything :D:D ] so we have an excuse to boat around there)

Sam

ok hope you are all well and out on your boat which i hope very soon

ok dose any of you on here no of a good electrion as it needs so electlial work on the boat to get safety licence hope you now some one that will not chage me the earth

nicky

Hi Nicky.

It would help if we had some idea where you are, why don't you fill in as much of the Personal Info detail as you feel comfortable with.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, missed your previous reply. "Wolverhampton"

Edited by John Orentas

It would help if we had some idea where you are,

He said " i live in wolverhampton"

Why don't you fill in as much of the Personal Info detail as you feel comfortable with.

Maybe he already has?

Daniel

Edited by dhutch