Lakeland Leisure - Tattenhall

Annabell 2

Featured Posts

On 29/05/2019 at 12:12, andybarrett1 said:

Hi Steve You got me !

We really don't know what their end game is... The favourite theory at the moment is they want to backfill and make it into another  caravan park. 

We thought about new short term moorers making them more monies but Tattenhall is not on a cruising route, so no value there really ?

Who knows ....But certainly is a lot emptier than I remember  this time previous years , Huge congratulations to all concerned ?

That's an interesting theory although the mind boggles at how much backfill they'd need to do the job! There was a rumour (and I believe planning) for them to extend the business to include vans and cabins on the adjoining fields. Maybe they're planning on just keeping the "lake" as part of the feature for that. They certainly don't seem to really understand boats at all!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest news from Tattenhall Marina is that they have now stopped external contractors coming on site. This is to prop up the untried, unknown and as yet untrusted workshop crew who they bought in to replace the crew who were well known, knowledgeable and widely trusted but whom they fired, for no good reason, at short notice towards the end of 2018: The first shot in the downfall of what used to be a generally happy marina environment but which has, in recent months descended into a quagmire of unrest, annoyance, mass departures and near anarchy. All this due to Lakeland Leisures policy of heavy handed dictatorship with no attempt at consultation or communication with their clients. Their solution to all the complaints arising from their actions over the last few months is to expel boaters, ban contractors and offer wild and pointless "incentives" in an attempt to prop up what is now a clearly failing business. No attempt whatsoever to reach out to those who have genuine grievances, other than to threaten them or, in at least one case, actually evict them. Such a pity. It was a nice place once. 

If anyone on Tattenhall Marina, or anywhere in the area, wants work done and doesn't want to give any more money to LL, if you're willing to take your boat off the marina for good, honest and reliable work, call Andy Blandford (A.B. Narrowboats) on 07831577116. He's offering a £5/hr discount for Tattenhall moorers. I don't work for him but I do know the quality of his work and that you can trust him.

Edited by steve7a3
Added a blatant plug for Andy B.