Decent Chimneys

Ads

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Im after a decent 18"X6" rolled top chimney or such like. Uxbridge boat centre used to sell the type im after but now only stock the standard Aquafax/Midland chandlers type.

Anyone know anyone who makes these??

Cheers

Ads

Hi all,

Im after a decent 18"X6" rolled top chimney or such like. Uxbridge boat centre used to sell the type im after but now only stock the standard Aquafax/Midland chandlers type.

Anyone know anyone who makes these??

Cheers

Ads

I heard that UBC's fabricator left and they are not presently making their own. A bit of a bugger for us (ie Mrs TNC) with a UBC 4.5" collar. She wanted a short one for cruising and ened up using a SH funny sized jobby, fitted upside down!

Try a PM to Barry Adams, who posts on here, and is crewing coordinator for the Narrow Boat Trust.

He told me over a pint he had set himself up to produce chimneys.

In fairness, I've not seen Barry's work, but can't imagine him doing it if he can't produce something better than the standard chandlers offering.

No doubt he could point you at one he has done, and you can then see if it is to your taste, before placing an order.

(Hope it's OK to name you Barry"! :blush: ).

Thanks for the replys everyone.

My last chimney lasted a few seasons but like Blackrose said they do rot quickly when used alot.

Will have a look for this Barry Adams chap. Their boats only passed me yesterday.

Thanks again

Adam

Thanks for the replys everyone.

My last chimney lasted a few seasons but like Blackrose said they do rot quickly when used alot.

Will have a look for this Barry Adams chap. Their boats only passed me yesterday.

Thanks again

Adam

Hi Adam,

I've just had a chimney made for G&F by Chris Smith -( he's based at crick 01733 576946)

Made in 304 stainless steel, with a stainless liner, - made to fit, and at the length I wanted.

Chris makes the chimneys 'in situ' - and he will charge for fuel (for his van/workshop) as an extra - but if you can get another one or two near you to order as well, it'll be a shared cost

Chris made a perfect job - and the chimney has certainly improved the performance of our stove.

(I have no connection with this business other than as a satisfied customer etc)

Try a PM to Barry Adams, who posts on here, and is crewing coordinator for the Narrow Boat Trust.

He told me over a pint he had set himself up to produce chimneys.

In fairness, I've not seen Barry's work, but can't imagine him doing it if he can't produce something better than the standard chandlers offering.

No doubt he could point you at one he has done, and you can then see if it is to your taste, before placing an order.

(Hope it's OK to name you Barry"! :blush: ).

You leave Barry alone until he's done the one ordred for Badsey.............