Anybody haggled for Marina berths?

ali.h

Featured Posts

Hi,just exploring options as to where to move too next and was pondering wethar anybody has haggled or tried to negotiate with marinas over their moorings fees?? Looking at least a six month minimum term. Surely its worth a go with so many free berths...any success stories out there?:)

Hi,just exploring options as to where to move too next and was pondering wethar anybody has haggled or tried to negotiate with marinas over their moorings fees?? Looking at least a six month minimum term. Surely its worth a go with so many free berths...any success stories out there?:)

Never haggled myself...there might be some on here who have done though.

What would interest me is, if a fellow marina moorer (previously Mercia now BWML - Lemonroyd) had negotiated a cheaper rate than the publicised rate (and the one I paid) and then broadcasted it in the foremost waterways forum, what would happen if I went to the marina owners and said 'Why can't I get it at this lower rate'

:rolleyes:

One for the PM system only I guess..

Over the years ( Nothing has changed ) I have found on many an occasion that PROPER money speaks a thousand words.....always has done always will do........ ;)

• 3 weeks later...

As a manager of a marina I encounter people after a deal all the time.

Personally I stick to my guns the price is the price and as MJG says people talk and this could open a can of worms for a marina.

The only time I would think about doing a deal would be if someone was looking to pay 4/5 years upfront and I would price fix so they didnt incur any mooring increases or Vat changes.

Ads