Isuzu Ignition Key

Scoobyvelvia

Featured Posts

Hi,

I have an existing Isuzu key for my ignition, but need to make a copy so that other family members have keys.

Does anyone know of a key cutter than could do this in the Northampton area?

Thanks,

We have them in stock if you need one

Chris-B

Hi,

I have an existing Isuzu key for my ignition, but need to make a copy so that other family members have keys.

Does anyone know of a key cutter than could do this in the Northampton area?

Thanks,

Go on eBay and search for JCB key - they work just fine. As John says they are all the same as the one's for JCB's. I got my spare this way.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I am amazed. Having done a quick Google search, you are correct. It seems my boat can be started by any old JCB/Izusu key.

Mad...!!

Thanks.

It's not the ultimate solution but that is why you often see boats (including ours) with a pad-lockable flap to cover the panel.

Relatively easy to overcome but one more step to get past.

Slightly off topic but is it ok to squirt a few drops of WD40 down the barrel of the ignition switch to lubricate the contacts??? (Isuzu engine panel). Thanks.

WD40 into the key aperture will not reach the contacts which would be far happier without it anyway. A quick squirt will however lubricate the locking barrel and can only do good.