South Kyme May Day Festival 2012

Smudge

Featured Posts

south kyme may day festival

After the overwhelming success of their first festival, the 2012 one will be set over 2 days with lots more going on as well as the original attractions. It will be held on 5th and 6th May (see link)

It's a medieval theme, fancy dress is encouraged, but not essential.

As well as the festival, there are quiz nights (pre-book), scarecrow competitions and live music. Also, there is a competition for 'best decorated narrowboat' judged by the parish council.

Daytime, free entry. Evening, there is a small charge, will give more details as and when I get them.

All welcome.

So, who's coming?

So, who's coming?

Arrggg - Here I am trying to make all sorts of plans for the spring and although this is something we had said we might try and attend next year it appears it clashes with Canal Cavalcade and possibly The Skipton Festival (as well as my birthday!) - I will have to try and confirm the dates of Skipton because we have volunteered to crew NB Python for The Chesterfield Canal Trust next year and they are going to Skipton.

What a huge shame because it sounds like it was an excellent event last year

Arrggg - Here I am trying to make all sorts of plans for the spring and although this is something we had said we might try and attend next year it appears it clashes with Canal Cavalcade and possibly The Skipton Festival (as well as my birthday!) - I will have to try and confirm the dates of Skipton because we have volunteered to crew NB Python for The Chesterfield Canal Trust next year and they are going to Skipton.

Does that mean we shall see you at the Chesterfield canal fest on the 30th june ???

Does that mean we shall see you at the Chesterfield canal fest on the 30th june ???

I expect that is likely to be a plan! if not by boat then by car.

I have however just had a revised itinary for NB Pythons travels for next year and under the heading "to be confirmed" it suggests they are now thinking of taking her to The South Kyme Festival so if we play our cards right we might be able to volunteer as crew and get a complementary bunk on board - I better go and smile sweetly at the skipper :wub: oooooh how exciting!

I expect that is likely to be a plan! if not by boat then by car.

I have however just had a revised itinary for NB Pythons travels for next year and under the heading "to be confirmed" it suggests they are now thinking of taking her to The South Kyme Festival so if we play our cards right we might be able to volunteer as crew and get a complementary bunk on board - I better go and smile sweetly at the skipper :wub: oooooh how exciting!

The Chesterfield Canal peeps were formally invited at the beginning of this week, at the Northern Canals meeting, so you should hear something soon.

Be good to see you both there - and you Bazza - and Allan and Debbie (who've just said they may come by car) - and we'll have ourselves a banter! :cheers:

Right, who else is coming?

I'm really disappointed that we won't have time to get there by boat - we've booked a week sailing on the Norfolk Broads in late April - but hopefully we'll be able to come by car if we can find somewhere for the 4 of us (including Molly and Telford) to sleep

I'm really disappointed that we won't have time to get there by boat - we've booked a week sailing on the Norfolk Broads in late April - but hopefully we'll be able to come by car if we can find somewhere for the 4 of us (including Molly and Telford) to sleep

So the scarecrow will be on the bonnet of the mazda then will it Allan?

After the overwhelming success of their first festival, the 2012 one will be set over 2 days with lots more going on as well as the original attractions. It will be held on 5th and 6th May (see link)

It's a medieval theme, fancy dress is encouraged, but not essential.

As well as the festival, there are quiz nights (pre-book), scarecrow competitions and live music. Also, there is a competition for 'best decorated narrowboat' judged by the parish council.

Daytime, free entry. Evening, there is a small charge, will give more details as and when I get them.

All welcome.

So, who's coming?

The header says 2010....

I have marked it in my diary! I might even make it!

• 2 weeks later...

Found out last night the Chesterfield Canal Trust will be attending South Kyme,but still not quite shaw if Python is coming

• 2 months later...

Update....

After a meeting last night, it was suggested that due to the massive turnout of the first festival it would be useful if boats were booked in to make organisation a bit easier.

There is still no charge for boaters to attend, but if you do plan on coming then could you please let me or Smudge know boat name and length.

Thanks, PF

I'd like to come by boat too though I might end up tying to the bank before that last bridge - I can use m'dinghy for the last bit.

32 foot + 10ft for the dinghy is all I need (4ft if I park it bow in)

We'll definitely be there - just gotta decide whether it's by boat! New river territory for us :) Depends if my contract at word does finish at the end of April or if they want to keep me on as well... Hmm bit if a bugger if we need to book in - what are the transport links like to Nottingham? (Sorry being very lazy but just got back from the pub :))

We'll definitely be there - just gotta decide whether it's by boat! New river territory for us :) Depends if my contract at word does finish at the end of April or if they want to keep me on as well... Hmm bit if a bugger if we need to book in - what are the transport links like to Nottingham? (Sorry being very lazy but just got back from the pub :))

Regular trains to Sleaford. Perhaps 10 miles from there... Taxi! ;)

Ange, don't worry about it. We're obviously not going to be able to book everyone in, it was just so we could have an idea of numbers to make sure there's room, we'll have a few 'spares' available!