RIP Windfola

RichardN

Featured Posts

I am not sure where to post this, adding a reply to Catherine's / WIndfola's last topic seems the best place

I have just heard that Catherine died on the 19th at her home. Her funeral is on Friday 14th at Banbury Crematorium at 3pm. I am sorry but, other than contact details for a friend who is sorting out her affairs, I have no further information though I see from another forum that Beren and Cally, her two greyhounds, have been re-homed.

Very sad. Rest peacefully Catherine.

Edited by RichardN

I am not sure where to post this, adding a reply to Catherine's / WIndfola's last topic seems the best place

I have just heard that Catherine died on the 19th at her home. Her funeral is on Friday 14th at Banbury Crematorium at 3pm. I am sorry but, other than contact details for a friend who is sorting out her affairs, I have no further information though I see from another forum that Beren and Cally, her two greyhounds, have been re-homed.

Very sad. Rest peacefully Catherine.

Oh - - - what a shock

I hope her passing was peaceful and painless

I know Richard posted here but worth I think a thread in it's own right as it will possibly/likely get missed there by a lot of folk - so I hope you don't mind Richard me duplicating here. It's a rare event for an active forum member to pass away as far as I know.

Her posts always instigated a lot of discussion and debate always 'inquisitive' as Matty40 puts it in the other thread and she always seemed to take on board advice that was offered.

So young as well at just 45 - a real shame she will not, as Ange says, achieve her dream of owning a boat.

A timely reminder to live for today.

:(

I know Richard posted here but worth I think a thread in it's own right as it will possibly/likely get missed there by a lot of folk - so I hope you don't mind Richard me duplicating here. It's a rare event for an active forum member to pass away as far as I know.

Her posts always instigated a lot of discussion and debate always 'inquisitive' as Matty40 puts it in the other thread and she always seemed to take on board advice that was offered.

So young as well at just 45 - a real shame she will not, as Ange says, achieve her dream of owning a boat.

A timely reminder to live for today.

:(

I saw Richard's post last night, and like you, thought she deserved a topic of her own.

She was one of the more enigmatic members of this forum, but I enjoyed her contributions and I am sorry to hear of her passing.

David

Yes, sad indeed, and although I didn't know Catherine, somehow still very shocking.

As others have said, she certainly came across as someone one would have looked forward to meeting - what a very great shame that another never got to live their dream.

Yes rest in peace Catherine.

I find this upsetting beyond all reason, having never met her or even chatted with her directly on the boards. She seemed like the sort of person I would have liked in real life, from her posts.

Do we know if she was ill, or how/why she died?

(Edited to correct a spelling mistake which made a sentence make no sense.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Very sad news, I valued the honesty of her posts immensely, Catharine had a brilliant insight into mental health issues which demonstrated both compassion and understanding. I didn't know her personally but shocking none the less.

Rob

It would appear, from posts in other forums she frequented, that she may have taken her own life, following her house sale falling through.

I must admit I sort of read that between the lines somehow - even more tragic...

It would appear, from posts in other forums she frequented, that she may have taken her own life, following her house sale falling through.

Oh no that is terrible news.

I enjoyed her posts but didn't know her or ever met her but I do feel a loss. I hope she is at peace now and her family and those that do know her can also find some after what at the moment will be a very difficult time.

There would have been another house buyer, and another boat. She must have been in a fragile or altered psychological state for an event like that to have affected her so deeply. From what I have gleaned, she had much to look forward to.

She spoke of attending the Banbury canal day; did she? Did anyone from this forum ever meet her?