Waterways Charity finally gets a name

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

And how much did that crap name and logo cost then ??

Edited to add ( Cost in a subtle backhander manner that somewhere down the line Pentagram get a nice juicy contract )

Chris

even more disillusioned than I was

Edited by Chris-B

And how much did that crap name and logo cost then ??

Edited to add ( Cost in a subtle backhander manner that somewhere down the line Pentagram get a nice juicy contract )

Chris

even more disillusioned than I was

Aparantly it was done for free

Tim

Strange stuff.

The have specifically gone for "Canal & River Trust" not "Canal and River Trust", presumably to avoid the CART acronym and associated humour.

If Wales can have "Waterside Wales", why is it not "Waterside England" as well, does not seems logical to me, even though I think that is naff.

To be called Canal & River Trust

Must admit I'm not impressed with the name

Details:

http://www.waterscape.com/features-and-articles/news/3200/new-name-for-britains-new-waterways-charity

Tim

Why oh why oh why??????????????????

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A simple change to British Waterways Trust would have allowed them to preserve the existing sinage.

I have seen this so many times when I worked for the NHS because the public sector is obsessed with 'branding' and 'image' as if it bloody matters in the case of an organisation tasked with managing the waterways.......

ed to add - and I ain't changing my licence plate with the existing name and logo on either... :P

Edited by MJG

The have specifically gone for "Canal & River Trust" not "Canal and River Trust", presumably to avoid the CART acronym and associated humour.

Well that won't work will it, However much Bath & North East Somerset Council don't like it, they are BANES to most people, some companies even put BANES in their address.

River and Canal Trust would have avoided it. But it looks like some twat wanted to avoid the word "waterway"

So it's canal & river trust, our waterways are going to hell in a hand CART

Well that won't work will it, However much Bath & North East Somerset Council don't like it, they are BANES to most people, some companies even put BANES in their address.

River and Canal Trust would have avoided it. But it looks like some twat wanted to avoid the word "waterway"

So it's canal & river trust, our waterways are going to hell in a hand CART

A school here on the Island was going to call itself 'College Of Christ King' until they realised what the acronym spelt :lol:

SAM

Ryde

IOW

But off to the boat on friday :):):)

Utter shit.

The name is shit. The logo is shit. These tossers couldnt even bring themselves to acknowledge they run a navigation. Until they do they will not see a single penny of my hard earned cash.

Anyone want to buy a boat?

• Greenie 1

Utter shit.

The name is shit. The logo is shit. These tossers couldnt even bring themselves to acknowledge they run a navigation. Until they do they will not see a single penny of my hard earned cash.

Anyone want to buy a boat?

They were, of course, on a hiding to nothing.

No matter what they did about name and logo, there would have been a baying mob ready to condemn them.

Whether to complain about wasteful rebranding or to complain that the new organisation was indistinguishable from the old, a mob with pitchforks was ready and waiting.

Personally, I find the new logo and brand uninspired, but I don't think that it actually matters, and I'm pleased that the rebranding will be low cost;

• The logo is actually not too different, which means that there need be no rush to rebadge. Old and new can co-exist without anybody getting upset about it,
  • The colour scheme remains the same, and presumably the chequerboard signage will be unchanged, meaning that many signs with no logos will need no rebranding.
  • There is a stated intention to update signage with kits

If you intend to give up boating over a name and logo, you were probably looking for an excuse anyway.

• Greenie 1

They were, of course, on a hiding to nothing.

No matter what they did about name and logo, there would have been a baying mob ready to condemn them.

Whether to complain about wasteful rebranding or to complain that the new organisation was indistinguishable from the old, a mob with pitchforks was ready and waiting.

Personally, I find the new logo and brand uninspired, but I don't think that it actually matters, and I'm pleased that the rebranding will be low cost;

• The logo is actually not too different, which means that there need be no rush to rebadge. Old and new can co-exist without anybody getting upset about it,
  • The colour scheme remains the same, and presumably the chequerboard signage will be unchanged, meaning that many signs with no logos will need no rebranding.
  • There is a stated intention to update signage with kits

If you intend to give up boating over a name and logo, you were probably looking for an excuse anyway.

Out of interest Dave who do you believe were the mob intent on the organisation not being indistinguishable from the old?

Edited by MJG

On here? Probably not many.

Elsewhere, that is a different matter.

I agree - I took that as read - I was curious about the elsewhere TBH.

ed to add - going on the NHS thing we generally found it was boards and senior managers who got fixated with this kind of thing the patients and most of the foot soldiers didn't give a toss...

Edited by MJG

It seems that it couldn't be called anyhting with "British" and "Waterways" because British Waterways Scotland is to continue. It is a trust. It is responsible for canals and rivers. Therefore Canal & River Trust seems perfectly reasonable to me. I can't think of any funny jokes using the word "CART" - only weak ones. The logo is a bit fussy but what the hell does that matter? We'll all get used to it in no time.

Sorry this is getting me going.

So canalandrivertrust.com will be the web domain for the new charity, there is a holding page there that directs to waterscape.com.

That domain was registered on 27 July 2011 (so well planned), but they seem to have been a bit lax and not registered canalandrivertrust.org, which given this is a charity and not a COMercial organisation would have seemed equally relevant to use. Quick off the mark Thomas Crossley from narrowboatworld.com registerd that just over an hour ago rolleyes.gif.

Looks like canalandrivertrust.co.uk is still free if anyone want to splash out a tenner on it. These are professionals doing this arn't they?

Edited for spelling.

Edited by john6767

Sorry this is getting me going.

So canalandrivertrust.com will be the web domain for the new charity, there is a holding page there that directs to waterscape.com.

That domain was registered on 27 July 2011 (so well planned), but they seem to have been a bit lax and not registered canalandrivertrust.org, which given this is a charity and not a COMercial organisation would have seemed equally relevant to use. Quick off the mark Thomas Crossley from narrowboatworld.com registerd that just over an hour ago rolleyes.gif.

Looks like canalandrivertrust.co.uk is still free if anyone want to splash out a tenner on it. These are professionals doing this arn't they?

Edited for spelling.

No it's not free it takes you here

No it's not free it takes you here

I should have tried it! Interesting it does not come up in whois.

Edited to add, my error was not including UK domains, that was registered on 27 July by British Waterways as well.

Edited by john6767

Quick off the mark Thomas Crossley from narrowboatworld.com registerd that just over an hour ago rolleyes.gif.

No BW have got .co.uk.

One wonders what Tom will do with .org?

Surely not intending a bit of profiteering, at the boaters' expense?