Dometic Travel pack

Mirriam

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Profzarkov said:

Sorry, apologies. Yes, not my original thread but things do seem to go off topic quite quickly!

It generally happens more quickly when the questioner doesn’t respond to requests and the natives get bored ;)

Yes, I used the 12V boat group on Facebook and rely on the usually very fast response from the guys on there.

I also try to give answers as I believe it should be helpful.

There are plenty of other places (viz Facebook, Twitter) for folk to vent spleens and have a go at each other.

My Do Eric seems to be behaving a bit better but cut out again when trying to do a machine wash whilst on the go.

so will get it checked out

31 minutes ago, Profzarkov said:

Yes, I used the 12V boat group on Facebook and rely on the usually very fast response from the guys on there.

There are plenty of other places (viz Facebook, Twitter) for folk to vent spleens and have a go at each other.

My Do Eric seems to be behaving a bit better but cut out again when trying to do a machine wash whilst on the go.

See there you go again with the trying to dictate how people here should behave and respond........ :rolleyes: A little more subtly this time but the implication is still there. 

1 hour ago, Profzarkov said:

I think you should remember that this is a discussion forum. It is not a constrained resource extant only to give free answers to your technical questions.

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

It generally happens more quickly when the questioner doesn’t respond to requests and the natives get bored ;)

I think the expression is "the natives are restless"

............................ but in this day and age, perhaps we can't say that any more?

Did I miss a fight? ?

Edited by LadyG

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Did I miss a fight? ?

The thread was resurrected at post 14, a quick read over from that point will let you know whether you have or not; but I wouldn't have though anything posted could actually be referred to as a fight. 

On 09/04/2019 at 00:43, Mike the Boilerman said:

I find is quite shocking the way occasional posters here seem to think they have ownership of a thread they started.

Even more shocking one thinks he owns a thread he didn't start!

absolutely lol

7 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

The thread was resurrected at post 14, a quick read over from that point will let you know whether you have or not; but I wouldn't have though anything posted could actually be referred to as a fight. 

Tumsie, I've read it through now, I was just joshin' ?

It's very rare you tick anyone off, lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Profzarkov said:

Sorry, yes, I forgot. I just wanted some help and advice. I forgot I had to do lots of discussion!

Then why didn't you start a thread asking the question and giving specifics - if you read your original post and even your second it comes across as more of a passing comment about your travel pack rather than actually asking for help and a resolution, you then went on to whine and and act in an incredibly entitled manner when the members posting on a long defunct thread didn't behave as you wanted them to, not only that but you carried on trying to dictate to people and basically demanding that you be indulged even though you had been quite rude to the people you wanted to help you. 

You don't have to do any discussing - you can by pass any and all posts you don't find helpful or interesting.

On 09/04/2019 at 11:41, nicknorman said:

Underlying our banter is a serious point. These days everything is "shocking, outrageous, offensive" etc. All strong words that invite contention and can be inflamatory. Phrases like "mildly irritating" seem to be out of fashion. And that, I suggest, is at the root of a lot of the troubles this country and society in general have.

There, that is my pontificating thought for the day. No doubt you will find it outrageously offensive and shocking!

It is a real and worrying point. A whole programme on the BBC the other day about how FaceBook, Twitter etc do everything they can to stoke up anger, outrage, irritation on their platforms. Apparently these companies realise of you are not cross about something, you don't bother posting. And participation is their lifeblood as they sell your data to make their income. 

The public at large barely register this fact, YET. But it is coming. 

• Greenie 2

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The public at large barely register this fact, YET. But it is coming. 

I think people are becoming aware if it but for many it is oh so very comfy in their little echo chamber bubble and they like to be fed the things that escalate their indignation. It's hard work trying to see things from a different view point and not at all comfortable trying to be impartial.  

Not to mention nobody gets likes or "internet karma" for being mediocre. 

Edited by Tumshie
words Again with the words.

37 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

if you read your original post and even your second it comes across as more of a passing comment about your travel pack rather than actually asking for help and a resolution,

Nooo, it was about his female deer called Eric, see below. ?

3 hours ago, Profzarkov said:

My Do Eric seems to be behaving a bit better

• Haha 3
  • Horror 1

2 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Nooo, it was about his female deer called Eric, see below. ?

A friend of mine had a ginger cat called Eric. Eric had kittens and there was an attempt to call her Erica but it didn't really work and so she just remained Eric - I don't think the cat really cared ?

27 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

tea break is over - back on your heads.

HELL EXPLAINED BY CHEMISTRY STUDENT

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term.

The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order, for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in
Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore is extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I think the expression is "the natives are restless"

............................ but in this day and age, perhaps we can't say that any more?

Perhaps they get bored before they become restless?

I can't see how that has changed over the years.

2 hours ago, Tumshie said:

You don't have to do any discussing - you can by pass any and all posts you don't find helpful or interesting.

This is the bit I don’t get about folk complaining that ‘their’ thread is cluttered with irrelevancies - simply skip them. 

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, LadyG said:

It's not always "irrelevancies", just sometimes answering questions that the  OP may not have asked, but perhaps should have. It's not only  for him, its general education of all .......

Yup

12 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Until they complain about it and then the thread gets full of fluff 

What, like this small digression for instance?  Is discussion of taking a thread off-topic off-topic?