Dometic Travel pack

Mirriam

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Profzarkov said:

Um, this was my topic...

No it wasn’t. Not unless you’ve changed your name from Miriam and have been having this problem since 2011. 

• Greenie 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Swerving off topic, some peeps call it . "Travel Pack", others call it a "Travel Power". 

Are these two different but similar things, or is one of those names simply wrong?

Travelpower is correct. Travel Pack is the vernacular. Sama Sama.

(which means "the same" in Malaysian or Indonesian)

23 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I believe DMR is the expert on cleaning dog hair out of the control box so may be worth a PM to him

We have the old black box version. It comes apart quite easily once the cables are disconnected, though the self tapping screws never feel very nice. No foam filters but a very large long "squirrel cage" style fan.  It never runs more than lukewarm even when full of dog so cooling is not critical, the later ones might run a bit hotter.

I suspect the brushes. I think the brushes in our older version are good for about 3000 hours at best.

Cox's prices are actually quite reasonable for what they do,  stuff comes back looking like new rather than just repaired.

.............Dave

4 hours ago, Profzarkov said:

Um, this was my topic and if you wish to help, then fine

if not ...

I find is quite shocking the way occasional posters here seem to think they have ownership of a thread they started.

Even more shocking one thinks he owns a thread he didn't start!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I find is quite shocking the way occasional posters here seem to think they have ownership of a thread they started.

Are you outraged and grossly offended? You wannabe snowflake millennial you!?

Edited by nicknorman

7 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Are you outraged and grossly offended? You wannabe snowflake millennial you!

Ahhhh business as usual!! Nick and Mike the bellringer back in the fold :D

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I relay think Marathon are better.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Are you outraged and grossly offended? You wannabe snowflake millennial you!?

Oh yeah, all of that. 

Forgot to say!

It just strikes me as spectacularly arrogant to be attempting to dictate to forum members what they may and may not post on a public forum!!

14 hours ago, Profzarkov said:

Um, this was my topic and if you wish to help, then fine

if not ...

Oi - nobody ('cept the mods) own anything on here  - you are obliged - by practice- to take the rough with the smooth.

It's the penalty for seeking advice...

59 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh yeah, all of that. 

Forgot to say!

It just strikes me as spectacularly arrogant to be attempting to dictate to forum members what they may and may not post on a public forum!!

Spectacularly arrogant, yes. Shocking? Not really!

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Spectacularly arrogant, yes. Shocking? Not really!

I'm shocked by your spectacular arrogance in contradicting me...

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm shocked by your spectacular arrogance in contracting me...

This offends me...

Besides, his boiler’s not faulty and outside your range anyway, so I very much doubt that he has contracted you. 

30 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm shocked by your spectacular arrogance in contradicting me...

Underlying our banter is a serious point. These days everything is "shocking, outrageous, offensive" etc. All strong words that invite contention and can be inflamatory. Phrases like "mildly irritating" seem to be out of fashion. And that, I suggest, is at the root of a lot of the troubles this country and society in general have.

There, that is my pontificating thought for the day. No doubt you will find it outrageously offensive and shocking!

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Underlying our banter is a serious point. These days everything is "shocking, outrageous, offensive" etc. All strong words that invite contention and can be inflamatory. Phrases like "mildly irritating" seem to be out of fashion. And that, I suggest, is at the root of a lot of the troubles this country and society in general have.

There, that is my pontificating thought for the day. No doubt you will find it outrageously offensive and shocking!

Not even mildly irritating, I'm afraid. Must try harder!

One such expression which I have noticed is "I am appalled by....", referring to some minor annoyance. If a person says he's "appalled" by that, what word(s) does he keep in reserve for things which really annoy him?

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh yeah, all of that. 

Forgot to say!

Seems to be getting increasingly common on here among low post count members and some react very badly when called out for it. I suspect it is what in meant by "the entitlement society".

12 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Reported as hate speech ... :giggles:

3 hours ago, Athy said:

One such expression which I have noticed is "I am appalled by....", referring to some minor annoyance. If a person says he's "appalled" by that, what word(s) does he keep in reserve for things which really annoy him?

I guess he’d be ‘literally appalled’

• Haha 1