Dometic Travel pack

Mirriam

Featured Posts

Hi All, Does anyone know where we can get our Dometic Travel pack looked at/repaired? We recently had a problem with the armoured cable that runs from the alternator to the travel pack and now the travel pack wont work. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Dometic's website? Or is that too easy? They have a list of uk service agents but I'd contact them direct.

http://www.dometic.com/enuk/Europe/United-Kingdom/Customer-Center/Sales--Service-center/

http://www.dometic.com/enuk/Europe/United-Kingdom/Customer-Center/Sales--Service-center/?sct=Service&rgn=United%20Kingdom&bsn=RV&populate=1

Hi All, Does anyone know where we can get our Dometic Travel pack looked at/repaired? We recently had a problem with the armoured cable that runs from the alternator to the travel pack and now the travel pack wont work. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

What sort of problem was it with the cable? By any chance did it look like it had shorted out, like burn marks on the cable? I had a problem a while back, so let me know the details....

Hello

If you Google "TravelPower Repair" you will find Cox Automotive

I have never needed them (yet) so don't know how good/expensive they are.

You could try searching this forum for any info about them!

...........Dave

Dometic's website? Or is that too easy? They have a list of uk service agents but I'd contact them direct.

http://www.dometic.com/enuk/Europe/United-Kingdom/Customer-Center/Sales--Service-center/

http://www.dometic.com/enuk/Europe/United-Kingdom/Customer-Center/Sales--Service-center/?sct=Service&rgn=United%20Kingdom&bsn=RV&populate=1

Too easy - they dont reply to my messages

What sort of problem was it with the cable? By any chance did it look like it had shorted out, like burn marks on the cable? I had a problem a while back, so let me know the details....

Exactly that. We were cruising along when our radio suddenly went off. i went into cabin to investigate and notice the travelpack light was red instead of green so I turned it off until we could stop to investigate. When my hubby went down engine bay he noticed the cable had damage which looked like burn marks. He repaired the cable but when we turned the travelpack back on it sort of popped then tripped the 240 fuse. It hasnt worked since

Let us know how you get on :)

I had a travel pack fail in August. Ken at Cox's was very helpful. The unit was removed and replaced inside a week. I have also used them to refurbish a domestic alternator bearing. The alternator failed a few weeks later and they were very prompt in finding the fault, (the regulator packed up), and repairing the unit under warranty, with profuse apologies for not spotting it in the first place. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem solved!! it turned out to be just the cable which needed attention. More than two weeks later Dometic finally came back to me with details of the company they use for service. In the meantime Cox Automotives gave me a price list which was actually more reasonable than we expected.

In the end a local marine electrician came and tested the system, the cable was found to have shorted, was replaced.

I would recommend Cox's for the speed of reply and we found the costs to be less than we had expected.

Many thanks to all who took the time to try and help us.

Hello

If you Google "TravelPower Repair" you will find Cox Automotive

I have never needed them (yet) so don't know how good/expensive they are.

You could try searching this forum for any info about them!

...........Dave

Cox auto had my travel power just before we went on hol they are quick average price and give a warrenty thumbs up from me

• 7 years later...

My travel pack seems to switch itself off, no red or green light. I'm guessing its a thermal cut out as it does come back on. It was delivering 1250 Watts into the leisure batteries at the time. Bit concerning as it's the only means of recharging the leisure batteries. We're going thru Atherstone in a few weeks and will look up Cox auto!

1 minute ago, Profzarkov said:

My travel pack seems to switch itself off, no red or green light. I'm guessing its a thermal cut out as it does come back on. It was delivering 1250 Watts into the leisure batteries at the time. Bit concerning as it's the only means of recharging the leisure batteries. We're going thru Atherstone in a few weeks and will look up Cox auto!

100amps - hopefully you have a big battery bank, or that'd make them squeal a bit.

Do you have an alternator ?

How do you charge your starter battery (or are you a hand-cranker) ?

If you have a starter battery put a 'jump lead' across from the starter + to the leisure + and Roberts is you mothers brother.

Hi, yes, we're not desperate (yet) as I said it does come back on and works for the rest of the day.

we have 660Ah AGM batteries so they take 90A for about an hour before decreasing ...

yes, if we were stuck we could use the starter battery alternator!

i think a brush thru to remove built up dust, dog fluff on its heat sink might be the first port of call, if I can get inside it

and then maybe a service From cox auto - new brushes kit be in order

6 minutes ago, Profzarkov said:

There are foam filters behind the fan intakes (maybe depends on the specific model) so as a first step, clean out the filters. After that if still no good, probably the alternator brushes.

4 hours ago, Profzarkov said:

My travel pack

Swerving off topic, some peeps call it . "Travel Pack", others call it a "Travel Power". 

Are these two different but similar things, or is one of those names simply wrong?

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Swerving off topic, some peeps call it . "Travel Pack", others call it a "Travel Power". 

Are these two different but similar things, or is one of those names simply wrong?

Same difference. Dometic/electrolux. The older black box being more robust than the newer silver box. I have owned both and never had a problem with either................until I typed this I suppose ?

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Same difference. Dometic/electrolux. The older black box being more robust than the newer silver box. I have owned both and never had a problem with either................until I typed this I suppose ?

So you don't actually know the answer to my question then...

?

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So you don't actually know the answer to my question then...

?

Travel Power is the correct terminology but life is way too short to give a damn realy.