Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

Lock13 information is incomplete (e.g. Luctor is not listed) and does not show current locations.

Have you got the details of Luctor to send me?

As discussed above, showing current locations would be a virtually impossible task unless all the vendors agree on using software that will do that, and many of them are not "computer literate".

Are people saying there is also a boat called Baron? If so, details, anyone?

As discussed above, showing current locations would be a virtually impossible task unless all the vendors agree on using software that will do that, and many of them are not "computer literate".

Yep, baron is owned by pete wakeham out of denham, it is currently worked by chris. Coal, diesel, gas, pumpout, blue, kindling and witty banter, 07774166497 watford - brentford that I know of, will deliver by road if need be. (that's got to be worth a bag taybright, right?)

Baron:

IMG0907-L.jpg

Tim

Baron is on the Lea at present with Chris. Hyperion (Phil), is doing Thursday to Mondays at the moment, going as far as marsworth, from watford or Uxbridge. He did mention that he would be doing more days in the winter.

Cheers

Baron:

IMG0907-L.jpg

Tim

Got a bit more of my paint on the beak now mind!

The main problem is that the majority of the fuel boat operators don't have the Internet and aren't computer literate so they wouldn't be able to run the Navvygator software or keep any websites updated. I know I can't to do this when out delivering, so rely on Facebook and Twitter through my mobile.

There are options but it would each operator would have to get onboard with it (excuse the pun), and if one decides they're not interested or don't want to update their location for whatever reason it's then pointless.

Yes we usually only have the blackberry with us when we are out on a run & I couldnt get the Navvygator software to run on it, but that might be me! I think twitter is good, because the ingormation people need has to be up to date & say were boats currently are or where they are headed in the next few days.

I think it would be a good idea if we had a sub section on CWDF then operators & customers could just update fuel boat locations & directions regularly. Also if we had a website that could have an easy to complete page for each boat that could be updated by the operator (if they are computer literate) so that live information for fuel boats could be all in one easy to find place. Martin Clarkes webpage http://www.lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm is good & very useful in helping customers find us, but if something more live or immediate could be produced that would be even better. I do understand that some operators are not computer literate (I can email & blog but that's about the limit of my abilities) but if a website could somehow accept a text or simple email to post updates that should be fine. I doubt you would ever get all operators to buy into the idea but those that didn't could just have a static page with their information as displayed on Martin's webpage or allow customers to post location updates?

Anything that helps us all keep trading is a good idea.

I think the idea that Brian and others have discussed about having a new sub-section for fuel boats is a good idea. Or if not a new section then at the very least one of those continuously updated threads (like The Unstable Bar!)

In the last few days, from reading messages in this thread, the following information has come across:

Towcester

14 Sept: seen heading north from Marsworth

Alton

14 Sept: Lower Peak Forest to Ashton

Tipton

14 Sept: seen heading from Crofton towards Great Bedwyn

Indus

16th Sept: Limehouse to Kings Cross

17th Sept: Hanwell and Brentford

18th Sept: Brentford and Hanwell, then heading back to the Lea

Some of those may be a little out of date now, but supposing there was a dedicated place for this information and updates were posted whenever a forum member spotted a fuel boat, you could end up with some very useful information. In fact there could be so much information that it might become necessary to have separate threads for different parts of the system.

A new section has been proposed several times. Would the mods care to consider it? A section where such information could be posted would complement the Lock 13 list very well, and I would put a link to the section from Lock 13. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

(BTW, I am happy to continue to maintain the Lock 13 list if people find it useful, as it also reaches boaters who use the internet but not this forum.)

I am getting slightly concerned.

After 3 years brilliant service from Pete on Bletchley and Argus, followed by Chris and Dad on Baron, and also seeing the distances that the lads from Archimedes and Ara(?) covered, I havn't seen a loaded fuel boat in months. The last time I fuelled was in Tottenham in May.

I was at Kilby Bridge in June, and Callisto was covered and no one present, and in three months on the Soar, Trent,Leicester Line, havn't seen one trading boat.

It would be great to have a better system, and in this day and age, I am sure someone can come up with something.....(the lock 31 site seems to be not working)

Edited by matty40s

Ariel is reloading this Friday and then will be doing a return delivery trip from sale to Runcorn on the Bridgewater over the weekend.

I can be contacted on 07748 958303 for any orders or enquires or just flag me down along the way.

Liam

It would be pretty simple if the fuel boat owners got an android mobile phone and signed up for Google Latitude. Then customers could track them as their location updates automatically. Once you've got it set up, it would be pretty much automatic (as long as you get a signal every day or so) and customers can track via any web browser.

It would be pretty simple if the fuel boat owners got an android mobile phone and signed up for Google Latitude. Then customers could track them as their location updates automatically. Once you've got it set up, it would be pretty much automatic (as long as you get a signal every day or so) and customers can track via any web browser.

But then so could the taxman :lol:

Firesprite

In the Fens