Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

Alton's Schedule July 2012

Sat 7th - Sun 8th: Oakgrove Br49 Macc to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 9th: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Tues 10th - Fri 13th: Oakgrove Br 49 Macc to Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester & Ellesmere Port

Sat 14th - Mon 16th: Ellesmere Port, to Chester, Middlewich, Anderton & River Weaver

Tues 17th - Thurs 19th: River Weaver to Preston Brook & back to Middlewich, Kidsgrove, Congleton & Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Sat 21st - Sun 22nd: Oakgrove Br 45 Macc to Marple, Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 23th: Bugsworth to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Please note the above schedule is our plan but it may vary dependant on traffic, customer volumes & stoppages. So if you need supplies please give us a call or text on 07791345004 to ensure delivery.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest leeparkinson

The leeds and Liverpool barge ambush is based at crooke in Wigan and supplies coal gas diesel at low prices we also sail down to near Liverpool once every three weeks . We do deliveries around the north west in a pick up truck so if you would like our services please call Derek on 07837428588 if we can get to you by boat if you require a bulk delivery we can sail to you . All the money from sales goes to help restore and look after part of our history

Ariel and Joe will be out delivering on the Bridgewater this weekend.

Friday we'll be heading through Stretford and Dunham, and Saturday and Sunday we'll be through Lymm, Grappenhall and Stockton Heath.

The usual number is 07748 958303 if you need anything.

Cheers,

Liam

Alton's Schedule August 2012:-

Thurs 2nd: Road deliveries to Hyde, Ashton & Manchester Piccadilly

Sat 4th - Sun 5th: Oakgrove Br49 Macc to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 6th: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Sat 18th - Sun 19th: Oakgrove Br 49 Macc to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 20th: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Tues 21st - Fri 24th: Oakgrove Br 49 Macc to Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester & Ellesmere Port

Sat 25th - Mon 27th: Ellesmere Port, to Chester, Middlewich, Preston Brook, Anderton & River Weaver

Tues 28th - Thurs 30th: River Weaver & back to Middlewich, Kidsgrove, Congleton & Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd Sept: Oakgrove Br 45 Macc to Marple, Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 3rd Sept: Bugsworth to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Please note the above schedule is our plan but it may vary dependant on traffic, customer volumes & stoppages. So if you need supplies please give us a call or text on 07791345004 to ensure delivery.

Anyone near Little Venice daring the Olympic madness? Am in need of fuel. And gas might be handy too!

Usually Archimedes & Ara deliver to Little Venice or Liz on Indus & Pictor, but I think both of those are out of London at the moment.

I believe that Black Star Canal Carrying have bought the Olympic concession / trading rights (Which I think is part of Pete Wakeman's business who operates Baron etc).

From C&RT Boating Facebook page on 13th July:- The Black Star Canal Carrying Co's Lavender Craft are now operating on the East side of the Olympics zone (07770 332512) and will be operating on the West side from Monday onwards (07909 520920).

Hope that helps,

:cheers: , Brian

Guest leeparkinson

Leeds and Liverpool coal barge ambush we will be setting off from crooke near Wigan in the morning down the Liverpool length of the Leeds and Liverpool canal . If anyone needs any coal gas or diesel flag us down or phone Derek on 07837428588 . I would like to add that as soon as we can sort out were we can pump a tank of poo out we will be offering a pump out service

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, this weekend we're out delivering to Dunham and Lymm on Friday and through Sale and Stretford to Castlefield/Manchester on Saturday, returning on Sunday. As usual our number is 07748 958303 should you need anything. Thanks.

Over the coming week Alton will be delivering to Macclesfield to Marple (Sat) Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth (Sun), Marple, Macclesfield (Mon), Kidsgrove (Tues) Middlewich, Nantwich (Wed), Chester(Thurs) & Ellesmere Port (Fri).

Please note the above schedule is our plan but it may vary dependant on traffic, customer volumes & stoppages. So if you need supplies please give us a call or text on 07791345004 to ensure delivery

Well we've at Ellesmere Port Boat Museum this morning, we're reloading her & fueling up the trip boat etc. When we've finished here it's back off through Chester (saw Dr Bradley's Linctus on the way down last night).

Tomorrow (Sat) we're heading back to Barbridge, across to Middlewich then north on the T&M towards Anderton. Sunday we head up to Dutton where we wind before Preston Brook Tunnel, then back to Anderton & hopefully down the lift. Monday & Tuesday we'll be busy with deliveries on the Weaver. Then Wednesday were back up the T&M towards Wheelock, Thursday/Friday to Macclesfield. On Saturday were delivering through to Marple, Sunday through to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth then back to Oakgrove nr Macclesfield on Monday 3rd September.

Please note the above schedule is our plan but it may vary dependant on traffic, customer volumes & stoppages. So if you need supplies please give us a call or text on 07791345004 to ensure delivery

• 2 weeks later...

Liz on Indus:

Hi all. I'm back at work! Loading up early next week then up to Hertford at the top

of the Lea then making my way down to limehouse, through central London and

eventually west to Brentford. Should take 2 to 3 weeks in total. Please feel free to

txt me with your orders. I look forward to hearing from you. All the best. Liz

(I have no commercial affiliation, just passing on a broadcast text that she has sent out)

Alton Schedule September 2012

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd: Oakgrove Br49 Macc to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 3rd: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Thurs 13th: Road deliveries to Hyde, Ashton & Manchester Piccadilly

Fri 14th: Road deliveries around Macclesfield & surrounding area

Sat 15th - Sun 16th: Oakgrove Br 49 Macc to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 17th: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Tues 18th - Fri 21st: Oakgrove Br 49 Macc to Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester & Ellesmere Port

Sat 22nd - Mon 24th: Ellesmere Port, to Chester, Middlewich, Preston Brook, Anderton & River Weaver

Tues 25th - Thurs 27th: River Weaver & back to Middlewich, Kidsgrove, Congleton & Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Fri 28th: Road deliveries around Macclesfield & surrounding area

Sat 29th - Sun 30th: Oakgrove Br 45 Macc to Marple, Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 1st Oct: Bugsworth to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Please note the above schedule is our plan but it may vary dependant on traffic, customer volumes & stoppages. So if you need supplies or have any question please give us a call or text on 07791345004 to ensure delivery.

p j wakeham and son on baron will be leaving the lea and heading through london in a few days then to brentford call dom on the boat 07770 332512 or pete 07774 166497 They said it might take awhile as there has been no service in that area over the olympics but now doms back thank god. jo

Hi Jim,

You could have a look at www.lock13.co.uk . most fuel boat operators are listed. I don't know the area very well but I've heard good reports of Andy on Tipton (Tel 07779 487222). Also there is Henk of Luctor Canal Services (Tel 07919 487198) who post regularly on here. Or a new venture called The Coalboat operating out of Bradford on Avon see www.thecoalboat.co.uk (Tel 07834 703713).

Cheers, Brian

Liz on Indus: Just saw this on Facebook:

ROUGH SCHEDULE FOR SEPTEMBER 2012:

Friday 14 - loading at Rye House then down to Cheshunt

Sat 15 - Stonebridge

Sun 16 - Hackney Wick

Mon 17 - Limehouse

Tue 18 - CHUG (kingsland basin)

Wed 19 - Battlebridge Basin, kings cross

Thur 20 - Little Venice

Fri 21 - Southall

Sat 22 - Brentford

Sun 23 - Brentford

Mon 24 - loading in Brentford then up to Southall

Tue 25 - Little Venice

Wed 26 - St Pancras/Battlebridge Basin

Thurs 27 - CHUG (kingsland basin)

Fri 28 - Limehouse

Sat 29 - Hackney Wick

Sun 30 - Hackney Wick

Mon 1st - Loading at Bow then up to Springfield

Tue 2 - Enfield

Wed 3 - Broxbourne

this is a rough schedule and is subject to change depending on my suppliers and how busy I am, if I cannot keep to it, please be patient, I'll get to you as soon as I can. Thanks Liz :)

VickyCoal.jpg

I'll just take this opportunity to declare that I'll be doing coal and soon diesel on the Trent and Mersey canal between Fradley and Stone, and as much as the north end of the Staffs and Worcs and top end of the Shropshire Union as possible around the stoppages.

I'll post an itinerary as soon as I work out how I'm going to cover the area, but I'll be passing back through in a couple of weeks.

Please call me, Michael Askin on 07414 707110 if you want a delivery or just stop me and buy some!

I have a wide variety of smokeless fuels in easier to move 20kg bags, and soon, red diesel for sale.

Cheers,

Mike

VickyCoal.jpg

I'll just take this opportunity to declare that I'll be doing coal and soon diesel on the Trent and Mersey canal between Fradley and Stone, and as much as the north end of the Staffs and Worcs and top end of the Shropshire Union as possible around the stoppages.

I'll post an itinerary as soon as I work out how I'm going to cover the area, but I'll be passing back through in a couple of weeks.

Please call me, Michael Askin on 07414 707110 if you want a delivery or just stop me and buy some!

I have a wide variety of smokeless fuels in easier to move 20kg bags, and soon, red diesel for sale.

Cheers,

Mike

Well done and good luck with your venture Mike. There'll be no ice stopping you this year then.......

Hi Jim,

You could have a look at www.lock13.co.uk . most fuel boat operators are listed. I don't know the area very well but I've heard good reports of Andy on Tipton (Tel 07779 487222). Also there is Henk of Luctor Canal Services (Tel 07919 487198) who post regularly on here. Or a new venture called The Coalboat operating out of Bradford on Avon see www.thecoalboat.co.uk (Tel 07834 703713).

Cheers, Brian

Thanks Brian - very helpful

Jim

Hi Jim,

Cheers, Brian

I'm concentrating on the 'contract servicing' of regulars this winter, i.e. I do regular pumpouts and such, and store and deliver coal bought inadvance by a few boats. I'm also doing other things, instead of going up and down trying to flog bags of coal by the one or two. My 'spare' time will see more driving.

Having said that, if you need something, just ring, as I may be able to help out one way or other.

I admit I haven't read all 15 pages yet...had a quick flick through a few pages, so may well have missed the info I am looking for...sorry if so. Does anyone carry diesel around the Soar area? I have only ever seen one come through once, and he was only selling to 'regulars' then. Anyone have any info please?