Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Rick usually travels from his base at Alvecote southwards onto the North Oxford as far as Rugby, then returns with a diversion up to the end of the Ashby. He resupplies Auriga at Alvecote and then travels northwards to Fradley, turns onto the T&M to Burton, winds and travels to Great Hayward before winding and returning to Alvecote.

We help him through Colwich lock a few weeks ago, we went up the inside on to the lock mooring so he could breast up as the mooring is too shallow for him.

Passed him a few days ago,he was heading up Glascote flight towards Alvecote.

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Rick usually travels from his base at Alvecote southwards onto the North Oxford as far as Rugby, then returns with a diversion up to the end of the Ashby. He resupplies Auriga at Alvecote and then travels northwards to Fradley, turns onto the T&M to Burton, winds and travels to Great Hayward before winding and returning to Alvecote.

I stand corrected...Thanks for the info.?

• 1 month later...

Halsall & Bargus's Schedules for Four Counties:'

November is the time when things start getting seriously busy for us coalboaters. Despite Lockdown 2 we will be continuing our regular deliveries as we are an essential service. The team have grabbed a bit of much needed R&R and will be back to work in the next few days. Halsall (Tel:- 07491 149149) is working on the Northern T&M, whilst Bargus (Tel:- 07486 872158 ) is working the Four Counties Ring & Chester Cut to Ellesmere Port.

Halsall's November Schedule:- 9th: Acton Bridge to Anderton 10th - 12th: Anderton south to Broken Cross, Orchard, Park Farm & Oakwoods Marinas 23rd: Acton Bridge to Anderton 24th - 26th: Anderton south to Broken Cross, Orchard, Park Farm & Oakwoods Marinas.

Bargus's November Schedule :- 10th: Church Minshull to Bunbury (wind) 11th - 14th: Bunbury to Brewood 15th -17th: Brewood to Stone (via Autherly Jn & Great Haywood Jn) 18th -21st: Stone back to Brewood 22nd - 25th: Brewood to Barbridge 26th - 29th: Barbridge to Ellesmere Port & back to Barbridge 30th: Middlewich Branch, Barbridge to Middlewich Other areas such as River Weaver (13th /14th and 27/28th & Stone to Middlewich area (17/18th) will be covered by road delivery Please note the above schedule is only a plan & things may change due to stoppages, weather, customer volumes etc.

To help us provide a good service, please:-

1. Pre-order by text to the relevant fuelboat, stating your boat name, location & what you would like.

2. Have a clearly visible boat name

3. Pay promptly wherever possible, but let us know if you have any issues & we will do our best to be flexible

4. Let your neighbouring boats we are coming

5. Keep to the Covid-19 advice of social distancing etc.

6. Please don't panic buy, if people are sensible we will be able to keep everyone supplied regularly

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...

Fuelboats Halsall & Bargus Delivery Schedule December 2020

We're thankful that we've been kept busy during Lockdown 2 & we'll be continuing our regular reliable deliveries as much as we possibly can given current CRT winter & emergency stoppages Halsall (07491 149149) continues to work in the Northern T&M (currently between stoppages at Broken Cross & Whatcroft Hall), whilst Bargus (07486 872158) will be working the full Four Counties Ring & Chester Cut to the Port. . Halsall's December Schedule:- 6th - 9th: Acton Bridge to Anderton to Broken Cross (by Road) Orchard, Park Farm & Oakwoods Marinas by boat 19th - 22nd: Acton Bridge to Anderton to Broken Cross (by Road) Orchard, Park Farm & Oakwoods Marinas by boat Bargus's December Schedule :- 5th: Middlewich to Bunbury (wind) 6th - 9th: Bunbury to Brewood 10th -12th: Brewood to Stone (via Autherly Jn & Great Haywood Jn) 13th -15th: Stone back to Barbridge (via Stoke & Middlewich) 16th - 19th: Barbridge to Ellesmere Port & back to Barbridge 22nd - 23rd : Barbridge through Nantwich to Audlem 31st - 2nd Jan: Audlem to Brewood Other areas such as River Weaver (11th /12th and Caldon (12th) will be covered by road delivery Please note the above schedule is only our plan & things may change due to stoppages, weather, customer volumes, so please bear this in mind when ordering. To help us provide a good service, please:- 1. Pre-order by text to the relevant fuelboat, stating your boat name, location & what you would like. 2. Have a very clearly visible boat name 3. Pay promptly wherever possible, but let us know if you have any issues & we will do our best to be flexible 4. Let your neighbouring boats we are coming 5. Keep to the Covid-19 advice of social distancing etc. 6. Please don't panic buy, if people are sensible we will be able to keep everyone supplied regularly

• 1 month later...

This photo was just published on Vie Fluviale, basically a French waterway site. It is said to be on the Lea, and if I'm reading the name correctly it is possibly Plover. I can't see anyone's name to credit the photo to, so apologies there. He's pretty well loaded, but I am too long away from UK canals to know who it is or even to know if it is current. Does anyone have info?

Tam

1171394569_CoalboatonLea.jpg.3838bfdd2f3eec94da2dd02bafc5e40a.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tam & Di said:

This photo was just published on Vie Fluviale, basically a French waterway site. It is said to be on the Lea, and if I'm reading the name correctly it is possibly Plover. I can't see anyone's name to credit the photo to, so apologies there. He's pretty well loaded, but I am too long away from UK canals to know who it is or even to know if it is current. Does anyone have info?

Tam

Someone said Mr Pinnock

2 minutes ago, Tam & Di said:

Tam

I realise there’s lots below the water line but, it looks top heavy to me.  Impressive though.

4 hours ago, Tam & Di said:

Tam

Most likely to be Michael Pinnock on Clover - Michael is based on the River Lee.

Its not Plover, which has an extension cabin in front of the engine room.

• Greenie 1

I wasn't convinced that I could see Plover as the name as the first and final two letters were rather blurred, so Clover makes much more sense from what you say. Someone on Vie Fluviale suggested he had 40 tons on, but that is impossible and obviously he had no great knowledge of narrow boats. My experience is mostly of Grand Union boats rather than Joshers but I suggested it would more likely be about 25 tons, and also commented that he looked quite top heavy. I guess he wasn't expecting anyone to roar past making big waves. If anyone has a better knowledge of the actual weight I'd be interested.

Tam

• 1 month later...

Coalboat Alton is continuing regular fortnightly deliveries on the Macc Summit/ Upper Peak Forest,  with fortnightly road deliveries around Manchester,  Lower Macc, River Weaver & Caldon (monthly).

Meanwhile our Four Counties deliveries are  bit more of a challenge:-

It's taken a bit of work to reschedule our deliveries for the coming month due to a number of emergency stoppages on our route including the culvert collapse nr Audlem on the Shroppie, the breach on the Chester cut at Beeston and the landslip to the north of Anderton on the T&M. With all this in mind Fuelboat Bargus & Halsall schedules are as follows:-

BARGUS'S LATEST SCHEDULE:- (Working a 200+ miles 180+ locks Four Counties Horseshoe!) Text your orders to Jason on 07486 872158 8 - 9th: Church Minshull through Nantwich to Green Locks (wind) to Bunbury 10 - 12th: Road deliveries from Bunbury through Chester to Ellesmere Port 17 - 18th: Calverly through Nantwich to Hack Green (wind) 19th - 21st: Nantwich to Bosley Bottom Lock via Middlewich & Hardingswood Jn 22nd - 24th: Harecastle Tunnel to Gailey via Stoke, Stone, Great Haywood & Penkridge 25th - 28th: Gailey to Audlem Bottom Lock via Brewood, Wheaton Aston, Norbury & Market Drayton (this assumes tge Woodseaves stoppage will be clear by then). If not we will deliver from Norbury to Audlem by road ? 1st - 3rd March: Audlem to Stone via Norbury, Brewood, Penkridge & Great Haywood 4th to 8th March: Stone to Nantwich & Hack Locks via Stoke, Middlewich & Barbridge 9th - 11th March: Road deliveries from Bunbury through Chester to Ellesmere Port

HALSALL'S LATEST SCHEDULE text your orders to Roberta & James on 07491 149149 15th -19th: Anderton to Middlewich area as well as road deliveries on the T&M North of Anderton 1st - 5th March: Anderton to Middlewich area as well as road deliveries on the T&M North of Anderton

As always these schedules are our current plan but can be subject to changes due to further stoppages, weather conditions, etc, etc. But with all the pubs still closed at least we won't have that distraction to hold us up! ??

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Midnight said:

Travelling south from Foxton on the Leicester Grand Union any fuel boats along this stretch?

If you get down to Norton Junction,  you may also find Ryan on Southern Cross who goes as far as Napton then Stoke Bruerne the other way.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anybody keeping this tracker up to date?  Maybe an easier way is if fuel boats use nick atty's canal planner and they could then allow his site to track their boat evertime they login - no effort needed.

PS anyone going to be any where near Nantwich/ LLangollen last week of April?

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Ryan Dimmock (Southern Cross) is out between Braunston and Calcutt today (Friday 5/8/22) then back down the Buckby flight on Saturday (see below).

Here he is moving off after our appointment at bridge 101 a short while ago.

IMG_20220805_093804764_kindlephoto-1092093169.jpg.f9df2ce84380a4f1814c3253f78f93dd.jpg

"Braunston puddle banks, Wolfhampcote, Flecknoe, Shuckburgh, Wigrams, and Calcutt on Friday. 

Whilton, Brockhall and Dodford on Saturday afternoon. 

If you are in the areas mentioned and require anything, just send a text with your order. 

Next delivery in these areas will be in early September. 

Cheers 
Ryan 
Jules Fuels"

• 3 months later...