Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

is this better? https://nbsg.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/seaplane_hazard.pdf

you get a mention on page 3.

I'm afraid I get a hazard warning me not to download the attachment.

In fact cancel that...the word Hazard is in the title...it wasn't a warning. I'm afraid technology is not my strong point.

I'll look into it but I suspect there are some crazy regulations surrounding Avgas.

How much fuel does a seaplane need? Are we talking a couple of drums, or several hundred litres?

Edited by junior

• 2 weeks later...

I think Rick on Auriga covers the Ashby. Gravenor Boating Company.

Yes - bought from him up here last week and asked him for a leaflet: -

Ogarugu@hotmail.co.uk

But think he has a pretty regular, reliable round (like the lovely Junior).

Hope that helps, Dave. Saw your boat as I came up the lock but looked like you might not be about so didn't shout hello!

Edited by metanoia

I think Rick on Auriga covers the Ashby. Gravenor Boating Company.

Yes - bought from him up here last week and asked him for a leaflet: -

Ogarugu@hotmail.co.uk

But think he has a pretty regular, reliable round (like the lovely Junior).

Hope that helps, Dave. Saw your boat as I came up the lock but looked like you might not be about so didn't shout hello!

Usually puts his schedule on the company Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GravenorBoatingCompany/

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently moored in Burnley (brave or stupid?) heading towards Leeds is there a fuel boat on that stretch? Or could any one recommend where I can get diesel at a reasonable price

Cheers

Treddie

These may help :

Fuel Boats info http://www.lock13.co.uk/boats/coaldiesel.htm

Diesel prices http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk/

Split and declarations http://noproblem.org.uk/blog/where-to-buy-diesel/

Cheers

As far as I can see, there are no fuel boats at the western end of the L&L canal. We are presently south of Adlington. Travelling North and Eastwards.

White Bear Marina, on the site above display a domestic price of 84p. So I guess not up dated. I will see in the next day or so.

Martyn

White Bear Marina, on the site above display a domestic price of 84p. So I guess not up dated. I will see in the next day or so.

Martyn

Yes, I forgot to add that all these sites rely on boaters sending in updates.

Cheers

If I remember I will up date as we pass or call in,depending on the present price.

Can anyone update?

Fuel boat site and diesel prices site both give an email address to submit info.

Sue's No Problem diesel splits page asks you to complete the comment box at the bottom of the page.

HTH

Cheers

IMG-20160502-WA0004_zpssagu6ndn.jpg

May schedule for Fuel Boat Halsall.

Mon 2nd - Weds 4th: Kidsgrove to Norbury via Stoke, Stone, Great Heywood, Stafford, Penkridge, Gailey, Coven, Brewood, Wheaton Aston & Gnosall.

Thurs 5th - Sunday 8th: Norbury to Middlewich via High Offley, Tyrley, Market Drayton, Audlem, Nantwich, Bunbury, Barbridge & Church Minshull.

Mon 16th: Middlewich to Anderton.

Tues 17th/Weds 18th: Monthly deliveries on River Weaver.

Thurs 19th - Sat 21st: Anderton to Audlem (bottom & wind) via Preston Brook, Middlewich, Wheelock (wind), Church Minshull, Barbridge & Nantwich.

Sund 22nd - Tues 24th: Audlem (bottom) to Calveley via Nantwich, Barbridge, Bunbury, Chester, Ellesmere Port, then wind & return.

Weds 25th - Fri 27th: Calveley to Middlewich via Barbridge, Middlewich, Anderton & Preston Brook (wind).

Sat 28th - Mon 30th: Middlewich to Red Bull via Wheelock, Rode Heath & Church Lawton.

Following the success of our Autumn run on the Caldon Canal we will again be doing a Spring/Summer run over the first week in June, covering from Etruria to both Froghall & the end of the Leek Arm. Further information will be published closer to the time.

If you would like to pre - order supplies you can do by calling 07491 149149. You can also order via Social Media and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for more regular and detailed updates.