Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

Nick

Phone signals not always great in these parts; if you can't get through by phone they always get back to me if I email:

andertoncanalcarrying@outlook.com

They're probably not far from you around now......

Thanks for that. I phoned using the number that I found on Lock 13. No reply . Then I added to their Facebook timeline and they got back to me straight away.

They are coming past here tomorrow.

N

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps not then.

Having said that, I have heard that the 'narrows' Woodseave Cutting is being close for a period of time, from Monday. It's not, as far as I can see, on the CRT stoppages programme.

Evening Martyn.

I will indeed be up that section of the Shroppie next week with Halsall however as you say, the locks are closed. My proposed turning place is outside Goldstone Wharf pub, about an hour south of you. The problem with coming that extra hour up to Tyrely is that I've never tried to wind there before. It's quite a risk to take seeing as failure to make it round would mean an epic reverse back through Woodseaves to Goldstone.

I've spoken with Brian (Nb Alton) and as he is doing road deliveries in Market Drayton on Friday to our other customers we can't get to at the moment, we've decided that we'll not take the risk with the boat and he can deliver coal to you by van on Friday afternoon if that helps?

I believe that by the time I'm next due round there again all the stoppages at Audlem & Tyrely will be over so normal service will resume and everybody can have a delivery by boat! I digress...

If you let me know what you want I'll pass the order on to Brian and he'll deliver to you on Friday afternoon. Cheers.

Martin on Halsall will be making his way from Anderton to Wheelock tomorrow 4 Feb and then onto Red Bull on Friday.

Keeping an eye out for you. Need a coffee top up too! What's flavour of the month?

Evening Martyn.

I will indeed be up that section of the Shroppie next week with Halsall however as you say, the locks are closed. My proposed turning place is outside Goldstone Wharf pub, about an hour south of you. The problem with coming that extra hour up to Tyrely is that I've never tried to wind there before. It's quite a risk to take seeing as failure to make it round would mean an epic reverse back through Woodseaves to Goldstone.

I've spoken with Brian (Nb Alton) and as he is doing road deliveries in Market Drayton on Friday to our other customers we can't get to at the moment, we've decided that we'll not take the risk with the boat and he can deliver coal to you by van on Friday afternoon if that helps?

I believe that by the time I'm next due round there again all the stoppages at Audlem & Tyrely will be over so normal service will resume and everybody can have a delivery by boat! I digress...

If you let me know what you want I'll pass the order on to Brian and he'll deliver to you on Friday afternoon. Cheers.

Keeping an eye out for you. Need a coffee top up too! What's flavour of the month?

PM sent Martin. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Over the next few days (27 - 29th Feb) Alton will be delivering fuel supplies on the Macclesfield summit & Upper Peak Forest Canals, we'll be out again next weekend 5 - 7th March & 19th - 21st March.

We also make regular road deliveries around Manchester (including Hyde, Ashton, Droylesden & New Islington) as well as on the Caldon Canal.

If you need supplies, just give us a call or text on 07791 345004.

Cheers, Brian

IMG_20160302_100029115_zpshbsaqors.jpg

I think it's safe to say this dunking of snow yesterday was unexpected. The continuous rain is also getting a little tedious, so this afternoons sunshine was a welcome relief.

MARCH SCHEDULE:

Monday 7th - Wednesday 9th: Rode Heath to Coven (Staffs & Worcs) via Red Bull, Kidsgrove, Stoke, Stone, Great Haywood, Penkridge & Gailey.

Thursday 10th - Sunday 13th: Coven to Audlem via Autherley Jn, Brewood, Wheaton Aston, Gnosall, Norbury & Market Drayton.

Mon 14th - Weds 16th: Audlem to Anderton via Nantwich, Barbridge, Bunbury, Chrurch Minshull, Middlewich, Wincham, Dutton (T&M) and Preston Brook.

Thurs 17th & Fri 18th: Monthly deliveries on River Weaver.

Sun 20th - Tues 22nd: Middlewich to Audlem (Bottom lock) via Wheelock, Church Minshull, Barbridge, Nantwich & Hack Green.

Weds 23rd - Fri 25th: Audlem (Bottom lock) to Ellesmere Port via Nantwich, Barbridge, Bunbury, Beeston, Christleton & Chester.

Over the Easter Weekend Halsall we be attending the Historic Boat Gathering at the National Waterways Museum, Ellesmere Port.

Mon 28th - Weds 30th: Chester to Anderton via Beeston, Barbridge & Middlewich.

Thurs 31st: Anderton to Preston Brook and return to Middlewich.

On Halsall we stock all popular solid fuels, diesel, Calor Gas as well as Morris Oils/grease, ropes & fenders plus many other small chandlery items. As always, you can pre-order on 07491 149149 or via social media streams, Facebook/Twitter etc. You can also email an order via our website www.fourcountiesfuels.co.uk

We are currently in the process of revamping our website which will have a new layout an some exciting new features. Stand-by for a separate announcement in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...