Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

I've just sent Phil a text, I'll let you know when/if I receive a response

Just heard back from Phil, he'll be doing us tomorrow - so should be at Kings Langley either tomorrow or the next day depending on what time he gets to us :)

Do you want me to let him know to stop at the Blue Pearl as well?

So is Hyperion going to get as far as Yiewsley? Hasn't answered my texts.

He said he's been having problems with reception with his phone and hasn't been able to return calls for a couple of days, or probs with his phone; sorry didn't catch exactly what he was saying.

Just know he's going to the marina tonight with about 4 hrs work there in the morning and then carrying on south. He's got a good load on the butty and seems pleased as punch with it :)

Really nice guy - Phil is IMO

Sounds like he's had quite a journey back down from Braunston, ran into numerous problems with his engine as well as the ice breaking slowed him down taboot.

Thanks Bettie Boo for the nice comments about Phil and you are absolutely right that we've had a run of bad luck since departing to collect Hyades. Seems slightly ironic that the reason for purchasing Hyades was to improve the service we offer but it has put us way behind our usual and expected schedule which we can only apologise for. What with three days of ice breaking which made the journey North a lot slower than we planned, we have also had a number of other problems. Gear box, power (batteries and generator), phones, pumps etc etc the list goes on! Oh and Phil had to spend the best part of 2 hours swimming in the cut to clear a very large, and what was once very posh, garden parasol off his prop. It has just been one delay after another. What a start to 2015!

We are due to load again at Springwell tomorrow (she says with everything crossed for not further problems) and will be continuing South. Massive apologies to those of you that are waiting for us, please bear with us we appreciate your patience and are doing our best to get to you as soon as possible. Normal service will resume shortly!

Mary & Phil

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen any of Jule's boats near Leighton Buzzard or heading in that direction recently? I called earlier today and left a message but haven't heard back as of yet.

Or does anyone know of another fuel boat that covers Leighton Buzzard?

Much rather use them than the marina's if at all possible. We're looking for coal, gas cylinder and a top up of diesel.

Ta

B~

Jules, (and Ryan's0, Boats update.......

Ryan has moved North from the finished Bridge 84 stoppage, and was moored up with Southern Cross and Bideford just short of Cosgrove Lock.

Towcester is on Jules' home mooring at the foot os Stoke Bruerne locks.

Seems unlikely any will be dfown in Leighton Buzzard for a while, I think.

Thanks for that Alan; just heard back from Jules a few minutes ago.

They will be down to Leighton Buzzard on Thursday. We'll be ok for diesel & gas till then; but will need to get a bag of coal before then I think.

Just opened our last bag today, and they are calling for cooler weather for the next few days, I would imagine the Homebase by the Tesco will more than likely carry it. If not we'll go to one of the two boat yards/marina's near by.

ETA - sounds like you two are making really good time on your trip :)

Edited by Bettie Boo