Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

London coal boat , Archimedes is on the river lea at the mo and about London all over the weekend ready for you Orders do call or Tx if you need me coal gas or fuel and pump out as well thanks 07973 915146

Edited by tug-major

Victoria passed us yesterday at Braunston............bugger if I'd known :rolleyes: but I've already ordered from Mark on Callisto!!

I hope he's making better progress than he was a few days ago. After filling me up with diesel he spent 45 mins stuck on the bottom.

Hyperion passes us in Hemel last night heading north. Typical that we filled up with diesel (87p plus usual duty (20% declared), gas (£25) and a bag of Excel (£11) as we were not sure where fuel boats were. Hyperion diesel is 91p he said with a smile as he headed towards the lock.

Well we managed to survive Storm St Jude up on the Peak Forest & Macc. Now over the coming week Alton is delivering from Macclesfield down to Wheelock tonight (currently having a pint of Weetwood in the Commercial :-)) to Barbridge tomorrow, through Chester on Friday to Ellesmere Port, back to Nantwich & Middlewich then north to Anderton & Preston Brook. If you need supplies just give us a call or text on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

Well we managed to survive Storm St Jude up on the Peak Forest & Macc. Now over the coming week Alton is delivering from Macclesfield down to Wheelock tonight (currently having a pint of Weetwood in the Commercial :-)) to Barbridge tomorrow, through Chester on Friday to Ellesmere Port, back to Nantwich & Middlewich then north to Anderton & Preston Brook. If you need supplies just give us a call or text on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

So did we; although bashed about in Bugsworth - see you in Furness Vale next weekish Edited by StarUKKiwi

I dont know what the boat is called, but 1 is due in Northampton Beckett's Park Marina (on the River Nene) at some point today, Monday 4th November.
Coal wood & gas available.

Edit. I'm wrong, apparently they are making a delivery by car, the boat is only going to be once every 6 weeks.

Edited by Ssscrudddy

I dont know what the boat is called, but 1 is due in Northampton Beckett's Park Marina (on the River Nene) at some point today, Monday 4th November.

Coal wood & gas available.

Edit. I'm wrong, apparently they are making a delivery by car, the boat is only going to be once every 6 weeks.

That will be Fuel Boat Bletchley

We'll we've had our first frost of the season & folk are starting to stock up with fuel, so we've been keeping nice & busy. Below is our planned schedule of deliveries for November:-

Fri 1st- Sat 2nd: Barbridge to Ellesmere Port Boat Museum

Sat 2nd - Sun 3rd: Ellesmere Port Boat Museum to Nantwich

Mon 4th - Wed 6th: Nantwich to Preston Brook via Middlewich & Anderton

Wed 6th - Fri 8th: Preston Brook to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Middlewich, Kidsgrove & Congleton

Sat 9th - Sun 10th: Oakgrove to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 11th - Tues 12th- Return Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple, Poynton & Macclesfield.

Tues 12th: Working with CRT, IWA & Macclesfield Canal Society, working Party on bridgehole clearance at Br20 & 21 Macclesfield Canal

Wed 13th - Thurs 14th: Road deliveries on Caldon Canal, Whaley Bridge, Macclesfield, Poynton, Hyde, Ashton under Lyne & Manchester

Fri 15th & Mon 18th: Road deliveries to Cheshire Run inc, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Northwich, Anderton & Preston Brook

Fri 22nd - Sun 24th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Whaley Bridge via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 25th - Sat 30th: Whaley Bridge to Ellesmere Port via Marple, Macclesfield, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Barbridge & Chester

Please note this is our planned schedule, which may be subject to change due to traffic, customer volume, stoppages & weather. If you require supplies, to ensure delivery please text or call us on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

Renaissance Canal Carrying

I wonder if we should have a forum section for tracking the movement of the various mobile fuel boats? I know that I would find it very useful to know when they are in my area.

Here is one for openers;

-----------------------------------------------------------------

INDUS FUEL BOAT 07930347558 - 13th September 2011

Hi everyone. We're in stansted Abbotts and heading downstream tomorrow to Enfield, from there to hackney wick on Thurs. Loading up Fri morning then going through Limehouse up to chug or kings cross depending on time. Top of the Hanwell flight on sat then into brentford and back on Sunday then scurrying back through town and back up the Lea in time to meet up with the engine fairy again who will hopefully make the motor sing a little sweeter. Please feel free to order lots of everything smile.gif still at summer prices. Lots of love, liz & Steve

This was discussed about two months ago. The mods were to consider a "work from boat" section where site members could make known what goods or services they offered. Someone suggested then that a fuel boat locator section could be incorporated.

Other sections could give advice, opinion, motivation and of course orders to site members looking to provide goods or services to site members / visitors.

There's a fuel boat currently in Seend on the K&A, the chap kindly knocked on our boat asking if we needed diesel, we've hardly used any though since coming on the water, so said no. He didn't have a business card on him and we can't remember his name now. It's 2 narrowboats doubled up though mainly Blue coloured, think the name was Jackson, says sign writer on the boat as well, diesel is £0.86ppl had plenty of coal on board too.

Edited by Julynian