Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

saw the wakehams baron at paddington this morning heading east with Dom steering 07770 332512 is the number but he is waiting for a new sim so his own phone is 07534674128 .then i just passed the other wakehams at bulls bridge . jj.

Alton has set off from Whaley Bridge & Bugworth this morning in gale force wind & driving snow. We're heading off to the Easter Gathering at Ellesmere Port Boat Museum. During the week we'll be delivering through Macclesfield, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Anderton, Acton Bridge, Barbridge, Nantwich & Chester. Arriving at Ellesmere Port on Good Friday.

If you need coal, diesel etc just give us a call or text on 07791345004, you can also follow Coalboat on twitter or tract our location on Waterexplorer.co.uk.

Hope you all have a good Easter. Cheers, Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Well winter has certainly returned with a vengeance & we've been working our socks off. We had a great run to Ellesmere Port for the Easter Gathering which we attend every year. I'll try & find time to update our blog & post some photos over the next few days. In the meantime here is Alton's schedule for April 2013:-

Mon 1st - Wed 3rd: Ellesmere Port to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Chester, Middlewich, Kidsgrove & Congleton.

Thurs 4th: Road deliveries around Macclesfield, Whaley Bridge & Caldon Canal. Fri 5th: Road deliveries to Hyde, Ashton-under-Lyne & Manchester Picaddilly.

Sat 6th - Sun 7th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge via Macc, Bollington, Poynton & Marple.

Mon 8th - Tues 9th: Return Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc)

Wed 10th - Fri 12th: General road deliveries to Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Anderton & River Weaver

Sat 20th - Sun 21st: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge via Macc, Bollington, Poynton & Marple.

Mon 22nd - Tues 23rd: Return Bugsworth & Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc)

Wed 24th - Fri 26th: Oakgrove to River Weaver (via Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Anderton & Acton Bridge)

Sat 27th - Mon 29th: River Weaver to Ellesmere Port (via Middlewich, Nantwich & Chester)

Mon 29th - Thurs 2nd May: Ellesmere Port to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) (via Barbridge, Middlewich, Kidsgrove & Congleton).

Please note the above schedule is our plan, but this is subject to change due to stoppages, weather conditions, traffic or customer demand. If you do need supplies, to ensure delivery please call or text you order to us on 07791345004.

Archimedes now passing Leighton basin lock heading towards Mileworth for tonight. Tomorrow going up and over Tring then down to Apsley if anyone need any coal, diesel . Archimedes will be in London for the weekend. If you need anything please call 07557118782 or 07973915146. Thank you. James

Anybody know where Monarch and Grimsby are? We're at Fradley, down to our last bag of coal and it looks like the shop here (which is shut today) doesn't do coal anymore.

TIA

Do they still trade as such?

I believe Viv Scragg has sold on at least Monarch, (happy to be corrected if wrong!), but don't know if it still trades?

Do they still trade as such?

I believe Viv Scragg has sold on at least Monarch, (happy to be corrected if wrong!), but don't know if it still trades?

You are correct, Monarch was sold. Grimsby is likely to be undergoing a facelift to become a butty in the Three Fellows livery. I am unsure what is happening with Monarch but as she is converted, without a butty I think it unlikely anyone would be trading from her.

I am unsure of a coalboat in your area at the moment as Mike Askin on Victoria who might usually be around the area has gone south

You are correct, Monarch was sold. Grimsby is likely to be undergoing a facelift to become a butty in the Three Fellows livery. I am unsure what is happening with Monarch but as she is converted, without a butty I think it unlikely anyone would be trading from her.

I am unsure of a coalboat in your area at the moment as Mike Askin on Victoria who might usually be around the area has gone south

Thanks for the update; I hadn't heard.

Looks like we'll have to eke it out until Great Haywood.

Problem solved: I've just got three bags of Stoveglow from Callisto, who is now heading from Fradley towards Sawley.

Smokeless fuel supply is now a bit erratic; CPL went over to 8 hour days at the beginning of March and the prolonged winter has used up supplies faster than they can produce the stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any ideas where Callisto is now? We heading towards Sawley..........

I might be a bit too late with my reply & I don't know Callisto's where abouts. But I'm sure if you give them Mark & Sam on Callisto a call on 07702031718 or an e-mail to info@canalcarrying.com they'll let you know.

Hope you guys are having a good trip.

HTH, Cheers, Brian

April was another busy month for us, we had a great time at the Easter Gathering at Ellesmere Port and it was lovely to see so many other fuel boats at the Port & catch up with their crews. Since then we've managed to do another Cheshire Run & finally over the past few days it seems like spring has finally arrived. There's lambs in the fields, ducklings on the cut, daffs & primroses on the banks & swallows in the air :-).

Well it's now May so time to update our schedule as follows:-

Wed 1st: Red Bull to Oakgrove (Br 49 Macc)

Thurs 2nd: Road Deliveries to Caldon Canal, Macclesfield, Manchester Piccadilly

Sat 4th - Sun 5th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth Basin & Whaley Bridge

Mon 6th - Tues 7th: Bugsworth Basin & Whaley Bridge to Droylesden, via Marple, Hyde, & Ashton Under Lyne

Tues 7th - Wed 8th: Ashton under Lyne to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) via Marple

Sat 11th - Sun 12th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth Basin & Whaley Bridge

Mon 13th: Bugsworth Basin & Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc)

Tues 14th - Fri 17th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to River Weaver via Congleton, Kidsgrove & Middlewich

Sat 18th - Sun 19th: River Weaver to Ellesmere Port Boat Museum via Middlewich & Chester

Mon 20th - Thurs 23rd: Ellesmere Port Boat Museum to Oakgrove (Br 49 Macc) via Chester, Middlewich, Kidsgrove & Congleton

Sat 25th - Sun 26th: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Bugsworth Basin & Whaley Bridge

Mon 27th: Bugsworth Basin & Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove (Br49 Macc)

Thurs 30th - Fri 31st: Oakgrove (Br49 Macc) to Etruria Canal Festival via Congleton & Kidsgrove

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd June : At Etruria Canal Festival, demonstrating fendermaking, drinking beer & catching up with friends :-)

Don't forget, the above schedule is our plan, but is subject to change due to stoppages, traffic, customers, pub stops etc. So if you do need supplies, to ensure delivery please give us a call or text on 07791345004.

Also you can track us on waterexplorer.co.uk or follow "Coalboat" on Twitter.

Cheers, Brian

Ariel & Joe are currently tied in Middlewich.

We'll be winding here tomorrow and heading back north onto the Bridgewater Canal with a detour onto the River Weaver.

If anybody needs supplies call or text Liam on 07748 958303. Thanks.

I might be a bit too late with my reply & I don't know Callisto's where abouts. But I'm sure if you give them Mark & Sam on Callisto a call on 07702031718 or an e-mail to info@canalcarrying.com they'll let you know.

Hope you guys are having a good trip.

HTH, Cheers, Brian

Thanks Brian we got sorted in the end............by a fella in a landrover! Trip is great currently on the River Soar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well hopefully summer has finally arrived & we can maybe enjoy a bit of sunshine on the cut. June is usually a busy month for us, trying to support as many local rallies as possible whilst still maintaining our regular deliveries to customers.

Note: - With that in mind we're made a slight change to our regular run from Macc to Whaley Bridge as the last run of the month will be a few days later than usual as we're attending the Lymm Transport Festival, which will be our first time at this event & we just fancied attending something a little different.

Alton's June 2013 schedule is as follows:-

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd: Etruria Canal Festival

Mon 3rd: Etruria to Oakgrove (Macc Br49) via Kidsgrove & Congleton

Sat 8th - Sun 9th: Oakgrove (Macc Br49) to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth Basin via Macclesfield, Poynton & Marple

Mon 10th - Wed 12th: Bugsworth Basin to Ellesmere Port via Macclesfield, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Middlewich, Nantwich & Chester

Thurs 13th - Fri 14th: Ellesmere Port to Middlewich via Chester & Barbridge Jn

Sat 15th - Sun 16th: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival

Mon 17th - Wed 19th: Middlewich to River Weaver via Anderton Boat Lift

Thurs 20th - Fri 21st: River Weaver to Lymm via Anderton Boat Lift

Sat 22nd - Sun 23rd: Lymm Historic Transport Festival.

Mon 24th - Tuesday 25th: Lymm to Oakgrove (Macc Br49) - Route undecided :-)

Wed 26th - Fri 28th: Oakgrove to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth or Vice Versa :-)

Sun 30th: Marple Locks Festival

Don't forget, the above is our planned schedule but this may be subject to change due to traffic, stoppages, customer volumes, pub stops or other things outside our control. So if you do need supplies, to ensure delivery please give us a call or text on 07791345004 & we'll arrange delivery.

Also you can now track Alton's progress on waterexplorer.co.uk or follow "Coalboat" on Twitter

Hi all, I have just been introduced to these forums on the advice of some BCNS members to let everyone know that we operate a diesel, calor and heating fuels delivery service on the Trent and Mersey, Coventry, Birmingham and Fazeley and Walsall canals. We do the deliveries by car and can get it to your boat same day or you can book a delivery. If you are out cruising on the Coventry, we have a base at Bridge 83, Huddlesford where you can moor under the railway bridge. You can call us on 07931 271 571 or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/narrowboatdiesel. Look forward to meeting you. Eleanor and Tony