Oil

Gejay

Featured Posts

Hi all,

What oil do i use in my Lister SR2, and quantity, and is there an alternative filter to use i.e one for a car i can get from Halfords ?

Thanks in advance !

Gj

Hi

I used 20/50 in my Lr 2 it ran well and had done for many many years. I didnt change the filter because it didnt have one fitted and besides it worked on a total loss system so was virtualy running on new oil most of the time...... :lol: bloody great engines tho

Thanks Mrs 'S' & Bizzard,

Mine does have a spin on filter and my next port of call was going to be a motor factor as you have suggested.

I fitted my rebuilt starter motor today and she was spinning round beautifully considering she spent 3 days last Dec submerged in the river Douglas.

Gj

Thanks Mrs 'S' & Bizzard,

Mine does have a spin on filter and my next port of call was going to be a motor factor as you have suggested.

I fitted my rebuilt starter motor today and she was spinning round beautifully considering she spent 3 days last Dec submerged in the river Douglas.

Gj

My SR2 spent 2 weeks under water iced in, we refloated her, drained the engine flushed through with diesel, the put new batteries on, new fuel in and she fired up third turn .

Bloody awesome engines!! I love em.