speeder springs Petter AC1

madcat

Featured Posts

I don't have the info for the colour coding or position of colour coding on the different speeder springs for these engines and I need to know to solve a puzzle with an AC1 that came off a dead generator.

The engine is the indirect injection version not the series 2 direct injection. [i have the operators handbook book for series 2,and the speeder spring details are in the parts list]

Not sure what speed I want to run this engine at,not sure yet if I have a job for it.

Hope somebody has the info and can post it on here. :cheers: madcat

I don't have the info for the colour coding or position of colour coding on the different speeder springs for these engines and I need to know to solve a puzzle with an AC1 that came off a dead generator.

The engine is the indirect injection version not the series 2 direct injection. [i have the operators handbook book for series 2,and the speeder spring details are in the parts list]

Not sure what speed I want to run this engine at,not sure yet if I have a job for it.

Hope somebody has the info and can post it on here. :cheers: madcat

I've got the AA1-AB1 book. Any reason to suppose the springs will be different for the AC?

Tim

Alas possibly,I have a selection of books covering these engines but not the one I need the info from.There is a surprising variation in colour coding,which leads me to conclude there are lots of variations accross the model range.Springs we have vary between looser coils with mucky fawn paint markings on the coils and one with orange on the ends and much tighter coils.

I made out a table of spring colours relating to the rev range and different models and ended up gibbering quietly in a dark corner of the workshop.I think I do know which spring belongs where but would love to have my conclusions verified.I have no intention of looking into the 2 that that run,govern and generally behave as they should just to find out why.That way I feel madness lies.

Thanks Tim for the reply,hope all is well at Dutton.

• 3 weeks later...

hi ,I have several handbooks ,this one isissue 2 re inderect injection ac1

aad 125g alumin/yellow 1500 rpm

aad125e brown/black 1800 rpm and2100 rpm

aad125d orange/brown 2500 rpm and3000 rpm

aad125 orange/blue 3600 rpm

aad125a white/dark violet variable speed upto 3600

note on varispeed engines fuel pump ACN1 is fitted and the springs are marked on end only.

Hope this helps and do check the bump clearance

Robin, N>B> Billy