What's the catch!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Congrats and well done. This has been a very interesting thread and useful to a lot of people in the future I would think - every now and again ebay dishes up a good deal - considering it comes with a survey, safety cert and license that will save a good few bob - one wonders why the seller went to all the trouble of getting everything done - he certainly didn't get his money back - looks like a good dose of T-Cut would make it look brighter - or even a do it yourself re-paint.

Hope it goes well.

Roger

Arghhh I just puked again lol...

The seller still hasn't got back to me (I am being impatient, he's probably in work, but until we have done the transaction I will still be a bit wobbly.) so I am really hoping he's not going to back out... I will leave some really shitey feedback if he does.

I don't actually know what it's called right now, but I want to call it Wendy-May.

So for my next question, how much does it cost to get someone to paint in simple font, a name on the front of the bow!

I think it is calling Whispering (Whistling?) Gypsy

Congratulations. I am so jealous. Looks like we joined this forum around the same time. Just when I thought I had got my money sorted out everything went boobies up. I now have no idea if I'm even going to get any of my money, let alone enough for a boat.

But like I said, congratualtions, very pleased for you.

Hi- congratulations- really interesting thread with plenty of highs and lows- really glad you found a boat- we bought our first one 6 weeks ago,so can remember well the impatience of waiting for the phone to ring. Hope you get on her soon- and that the weather stays good for the maiden voyage- dont forget the champagne!!!!

Dusty! Do you know it? The seller has now told me the current name, I thought he said 'Wandering Gypsy' but the connection wasn't great so I may have mis-heard, but obviously it's the boat you are thinking of.

What do you know about it?

Hi, sorry I don't know anything of it - I just emailed him for the survey when it was for sale as I am in the same position as you - desperate for a boat but not much cash. I think it is the same one. Looks like you got a good buy as with a few tweaks it will be lovely. I am still looking as not brave enough to bid on Ebay! I've really enjoyed your thread though - keep us updated with how it goes! :)

I think it is calling Whispering (Whistling?) Gypsy

Presumably this one (from Jim Shead):

WHISTLING GYPSY Built by SPRINGER UK LTD - Length 9.14 metres (30 feet ) - Beam 2.07 metres (6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft 0.76 metres (2 feet 6 inches ) Metal hull, power of 999. Registered with British Waterways number 75846 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 11-Apr-2010.

With 999 hp it should move OK!!

David

Yep thats got to be it!

Dusty I agree with you on being wary about ebay but being on this forum for less than a month now I have learnt about 1,000% more than I started off knowing, mainly that I still have about 10,000% more to learn, oh and also get a survey lol.

Edited by Starcoaster